British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GiveusaB

Birmingham v Somerset

2 minutes ago, Col said:

Glad it was a good meeting, unable to make it.  With no more holidays planned for either ourselves or the possible dog sitters looking forward to the rest of the season.

You missed a reasonable meeting 'Col'....but an even better 'one man show' from Garrity! :t:

'GA'....try and get Jason Garrity on your show...would love to hear his thoughts? if it's anywhere near as entertaining as his riding, it would be a great listen ?

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

There is no doubt that Garrity is” box office” and 100% effort ,but he has to stay on the bike more he usually miss 1/2 season through injury.

I can definitely see why ? :t: if we can give him a decent surface to ride on, I hope that will minimize his risk ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Not only that 'Sings' but we lost our PR man Lee Kilby to Swindon!?

I admire David/Peter for sticking at it....

No disrespect to 'Rogers', but I think we'd also benefit/progress from a new manager....may be a well respected ex-rider of sorts ?

I think Laurence's strength lies in the development League. He's out his depth in the Championship imo!

Losing Lee Kilby was a huge loss. He was the voice of common sense and with him there fans would not have been subjected to the rubbish excuses (lies) that Rogers spins. Time and time again its nonsense and he gets found out so why not be open and honest? If it makes him look a clown he will be a lovable honest clown rather than another deceitful liar. 

It wasnt a bad meeting, track was better and good to see a decent crowd in after they did alot of promoting over the recent days. There were loads of kids in which is the generation we need but not sure about the whistles they give to them. Gets a bit annoying after a while:D.

Garrity after a slow start was an absolute joy to watch, no doubt he will prove to a good signing. Yes hes wild but hes a match winner and will be popular with the fans. Aarnio for me has been a poor signing. He doesn't look like a heat leader which is a shame as with Adam out , we need all riders to step up. 

I simply dont understand why we didnt use the tactical sub in Heat 10?. I would have thought Garrity would have had a decent chance of beating Grobauer and Covatti and partnering Worrall to a 5-1.  It would have been better to have Worrall/Garrity in Heat 10, Aarnio/Shanes in Heat 11 and Garrity/Wallinger in Heat 12. It then would have meant we could swap Wallinger for Shanes in Heat 14.

A shame we have no home match next week when its the school holidays but hopefully we can bounce back and start winning our home matches next month. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Losing Lee Kilby was a huge loss. He was the voice of common sense and with him there fans would not have been subjected to the rubbish excuses (lies) that Rogers spins. Time and time again its nonsense and he gets found out so why not be open and honest? If it makes him look a clown he will be a lovable honest clown rather than another deceitful liar. 

I hear what you say about the 'lies' and I certainly agree, but, not making any excuses for him, if it's a lie based on the 'club' itself then that makes the whole 'promotion' guilty for allowing the lies ? However, I can't criticise David/Peter for giving us speedway and throwing their own money in to our club....they would definitely benefit from a new manager.

Someone who can read the meeting better....use reserve rides and T/S better.....every week 'we' miss opportunities (imo)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brummie Kev said:

It wasnt a bad meeting, track was better and good to see a decent crowd in after they did alot of promoting over the recent days. There were loads of kids in which is the generation we need but not sure about the whistles they give to them. Gets a bit annoying after a while:D.

Garrity after a slow start was an absolute joy to watch, no doubt he will prove to a good signing. Yes hes wild but hes a match winner and will be popular with the fans. Aarnio for me has been a poor signing. He doesn't look like a heat leader which is a shame as with Adam out , we need all riders to step up. 

I simply dont understand why we didnt use the tactical sub in Heat 10?. I would have thought Garrity would have had a decent chance of beating Grobauer and Covatti and partnering Worrall to a 5-1.  It would have been better to have Worrall/Garrity in Heat 10, Aarnio/Shanes in Heat 11 and Garrity/Wallinger in Heat 12. It then would have meant we could swap Wallinger for Shanes in Heat 14.

A shame we have no home match next week when its the school holidays but hopefully we can bounce back and start winning our home matches next month. 

Glad to see/hear somebody else notice the 'numerous' tactical mistakes .... ???

• Like 1

P.s Also,  Arnio is our weakest Heat Leader....he should be at no.3 partnering Paco and Garrity should've been at number 5 partnering the reserves

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I hear what you say about the 'lies' and I certainly agree, but, not making any excuses for him, if it's a lie based on the 'club' itself then that makes the whole 'promotion' guilty for allowing the lies ? However, I can't criticise David/Peter for giving us speedway and throwing their own money in to our club....they would definitely benefit from a new manager.

Someone who can read the meeting better....use reserve rides and T/S better.....every week 'we' miss opportunities (imo)

Its about the guidance but yes the whole club is tarred and the Masons get dragged into the sorry mess much like Eastbourne did when Jon Cook had his ludicrous opinions published and damaged the sport as a whole but Laurence has been pushing the limits of truth for far too long and far too often. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

You missed a reasonable meeting 'Col'....but an even better 'one man show' from Garrity! :t:

'GA'....try and get Jason Garrity on your show...would love to hear his thoughts? if it's anywhere near as entertaining as his riding, it would be a great listen ?

Jason is a good entertainer off track too, we will miss him in the after meeting clubhouse get  togethers. You might need a bleep machine to edit some of his comments though.:D

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Ghosty said:

I can see Roo boy having a outstanding performance (against a poor team) ..........hoping some of the ify meetings are then forgotten about by Gary?

I hate to be a smart ass! but looks like I was 100% right with this one. P.S.  Did they water the track before heat 15?

51 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

I hate to be a smart ass! but looks like I was 100% right with this one. P.S.  Did they water the track before heat 15?

no

On 7/25/2019 at 8:13 AM, cityrebel said:

To be fair its been frittering out since the season started. An initial weak line up, leading to multiple team changes brought on by injurys and averages. Coming to tapes next season will be the Brummies biggest achievement.

we started with a Team that looked likely to struggle and made changes. Not Promotions fault Adam missed so many matches unless you believe they signed him knowing he would miss them. They are "having a go" and good to see that with better weather and better performances crowds have built up well.

I'm no expert on crowds but I would think at level of last few matches we would be OK financially but if form peters out and matches get less significant worry is fans drift away.

Promotion between a rock and a hard place with Championship / National League, little supporter appetite for latter not quite enough yet to be secure in Championship.

I'm more confident now of next season than at any point so far - hope I'm right

• Like 3

On 7/25/2019 at 10:01 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

Its about the guidance but yes the whole club is tarred and the Masons get dragged into the sorry mess much like Eastbourne did when Jon Cook had his ludicrous opinions published and damaged the sport as a whole but Laurence has been pushing the limits of truth for far too long and far too often. 

I'm not sure I agree entirely with the club being 'tarred' because I don't think anyone outside of Birmingham speedway probably looks to deeply into our affairs, but regarding Rogers, he's probably been the best person to have for the Masons because of his knowledge of riders and the fact that riders seem to respect him a lot and are quite willing to ride for him. Have always found him to be very loyal to riders and is maybe not as ruthless as some managers might be. He's been happy to work within a budget whilst the Masons find their feet in the promotors role. Not even sure who's out there that could replace Rogers, maybe Jason Atwood off the top of my head, but I do think its a set-up that works in harmony atm, and that can only be good for the Brummies future.

• Thanks 1

On 7/25/2019 at 9:45 AM, GiveusaB said:

Glad to see/hear somebody else notice the 'numerous' tactical mistakes .... ???

Say it week in week out tactically not very astute. First signing of 2020 has to be a decent team manager who is capable of juggling riders and positions around correctly .I would say the MAJORITY of BRUMMIES  now want him replaced . Maybe we should do a poll see what the popular opinion is . I do not know any fans who want him as manager. Only people i know that think he does a good job are people who have a vested interest in keeping him happy . In Fact are there any Brummies fans here who actually pay to get into a home meeting and want Laurence "whats the point makes no difference " Rogers to stay ???

• Like 1