British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Wolverhampton v Peterborough - Prem Mon 22nd July

29 minutes ago, Thecatalyst said:

Why book Harris who obviously shattered 

Doesn't Bomber have to guest for every team at least once per season?

Isn't that one of the regulations..? 

And if he isn't available then I believe Scott or Rory must be asked...

:D

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, mikebv said:

And if he isn't available then I believe Scott or Rory must be asked...

:D

Now you mention it, yes I think you are right

6 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Harris was s bloomin' pest last week Hope we don't get a repeat.

We didn't !

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Poole lately is better than it was , really don't know why our tracks are worse than they were.

Better track prep is needed and I think the availability of the right shale has had a major impact on the majority of clubs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

It isn't as good as it used to be 

Unfortunately that is true. Doc Bridgett has been a huge loss to the club.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mikebv said:

As he is a"living legend" in the UK for his 2007 exploits and as he has stated clearly that he can't make it pay unless he doubles up ( and trebles up with prolific guest bookings ) that seems to be deemed his due. He does give his all in the UK ( mostly ) and when on form is a tigerish racer, capable of coming from the back more often than most in the UK.

8 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Better track prep is needed and I think the availability of the right shale has had a major impact on the majority of clubs.

I think it's more the bikes than the tracks. Short stroke engines are much more reactive in an instant and the straight line speed makes it really difficult when behind to make passes. 

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I think it's more the bikes than the tracks. Short stroke engines are much more reactive in an instant and the straight line speed makes it really difficult when behind to make passes. 

I agree the bikes do struggle with the tracks here as well but that’s been an issue for a while now.

The lack of suitable shale over the past 2 seasons as seen quite a rise in fans of the home clubs complaining about the poor racing and acknowledged by a lot of promoters. There are still tracks that still get praise tho (like NSS, Peterborough, Scunthorpe) so for me the current issue was tracks as well as the current bikes.

10 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Unfortunately that is true. Doc Bridgett has been a huge loss to the club.

It is funny how modern track curators can't prepare a track like they did before, I expect it is down to cost and getting the cheapest material.

31 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

It is funny how modern track curators can't prepare a track like they did before, I expect it is down to cost and getting the cheapest material.

What modern track curators?

Their average age must be 60 plus! Only one you could consider as being young is Jonathan Swales at much slated Newcastle ( the track shape is not his fault )

My nearest track tell me they are still getting their shale from the same source they have used for the last five years and never had an issue with supply . It's more a case of transport costs of the shale than the article and knowing how to lay it once you have it. Too many tracks lack a proper, time experienced track man who actually knows how to lay, repair and prepare a track rather than just grade it and water it.

its a ' black art' and a dying one at that.

A well run show last night. All 15 heats ran without a single re-start needed. Praise to the referee and riders for that.

Given the longer interval of 25 mins for BEN fund collection and kids entertainment it was still all done and dusted in under two hours. 

Don't know what type of shale if any they use in Poland, but very sandy, and takes lots of water.  Has anyone over here tried giving polands mix a go? 

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

What modern track curators?

Their average age must be 60 plus! Only one you could consider as being young is Jonathan Swales at much slated Newcastle ( the track shape is not his fault )

My nearest track tell me they are still getting their shale from the same source they have used for the last five years and never had an issue with supply . It's more a case of transport costs of the shale than the article and knowing how to lay it once you have it. Too many tracks lack a proper, time experienced track man who actually knows how to lay, repair and prepare a track rather than just grade it and water it.

its a ' black art' and a dying one at that.

I don't know anything about track prep but it just seems to me it could be sorted if someone had the desire to.

• Like 1