British Speedway Forum
TommyTanker

Ipswich v wolves (Thursday)

So we’re racing 8 tonight then....! 7 on the track and 1 in the refs box! Fantastic! 6 points from 2 rides to the ref thus far :angry:

9 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Chances of storm very minor and isolated - just 3% in last forecast I saw and certainly nothing looks like that is wrong to the eye on the ground either so far today

All should be set fair - bring your umbrella mind as you may need it as a parasol instead :)

Wow, they saying it looks like showers and thunderstorms now

Abandoned then. Result of  41-37 Ipswich stands.

Yep, abandoned after ht13. Thunderstorms. 

The 3% hit and is a doozy of a spectacle

Glad we got to a result. A few hard fought heats without being as spectacular as the storm. Witches had to work hard to overcome the Wolves and 'Chiris I Durno what Im doing' :P

• Like 1

If the ref had got his decisions right early in the meeting the overall gap would have been wider. 

He was a totally blind smeg head (polite description) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Super Blue said:

If the ref had got his decisions right early in the meeting the overall gap would have been wider. 

Yeah for Howarth to get away with the jump in ht2 and king to be excluded in 3 we’re both pretty awful decisions from the ref, Howarth should’ve of course then had a warning from ht2 and excluded in his second attempt at cheating the start that was pulled back!!

heeps good night

allen good night

lawson got better 

KP got a lot better - needs to start scoring from the start of meetings

bomber really not good enough

king up and down and wrongly excluded 

kennett must do better - still he’s looking more likely to score at home than bellego though.

decent win another 3 points against a team of riders that ride Foxhall well, I said to my dad at the start I think we’ll win but they’ll get a point so a good prediction!! 

Thought the track was pretty decent today as well, especially given just how hot it’s been past couple of days

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

I wished he did... Didn't want Wolves to get a point :mad:

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I wished he did... Didn't want Wolves to get a point :mad:

Thanks BB for reminding me theres always a silver lining :)

• Like 1

I thought you seemed ok :angry:

:rofl::t:

• Haha 1

Jeepers, I've never ever driven home in a storm like that before, phew glad to get indoors , hot though it still is!!

On a plus note, great to have Cameron and Jake back to winning ways :t:

• Like 1

Thought it was a decent meeting considering the weather , track wasn't bad . Shame about the last two heats but the thunderstorm was a bit scary!!! Nightmare journey down and back. The A14 trying to take the title of worst road in the UK off the M25 I reckon. Coming back the A14 was shut then M6 was shut so we diverted down the M42 and guess what. Yup that's right!!! Nightmare

Glad you enjoyed the meeting Bruno and that you at least got to witness 13 heats after my confident prediction of no rain!!

Sounds like a horrible journey home. The state of the roads and constant closures which rarely seem to correct much is such a frustration