British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lastword

BV Colts v. Isle of Wight

OK.  Just thought I'd start a thread for tonight's (22/7) match as no-one else seems to have done so.:o

First Colts match I have had to miss for some time so am following on Updates site.

Anyone else want to add to the thread?

EDIT: 3 x 5-1's in heats 6-8 suddenly put Colts in a good position.................

Edited by lastword
  • Like 1

No Georgie Wood again,,,,,,,any one know the reason,,,Looks a close meeting so far

• Like 1

Oh I spoke to soon looking bad for IOW now, though guest Smith is doing a good job

• Like 1

OK thanks Waco......................seems only you and me are really interested...................................so at 48-30 it's goodnight from me and................etc.etc.

• Like 1

I am interested. But really i just check out the scores of the Colts. I should go every now and then. Only a tenner i believe.

Enjoyed that tonight, looked like a fair sized crowd too..

Guesstimate would be around 700-800 from where I was sitting...

Plenty of kids with it being hols too..

Cant complain at a tenner in and free for teenagers up to eighteen years old can you?

Nice to see a bit of needle too between Jack Smith and some of the Aces lads, maybe those Facebook comments about not getting picked for the U21 were being shared around...;)

Cannot knock the NL can you?  

A very, very decent product, full of lads giving their all...

PS, Barry's Curry must be good down there looking at how 'well fed' several of the IOW lads looked...

Made me feel quite 'svelte' like....

(A 'trim' ahem, 15 and a half stone by the way).:D

Well done to all tonight, including Chase The Ace who, with the kids in attendance, did a great job of engagement..

My only gripe would be that on nights like this more could be done to get people to come back to watch either more Colts or 'the big boys'. A massive opportunity to advertise more meetings to a captured market and several around me were first time attendees..

Maybe discounted Aces meeting tickets to any of the newbies? A bit of market research on the night can guide who you try and engage..

Fair play to Mark Lemon too, not a short flight from Russia yet in the pits tonight.. Well done that man..

You do feel that there is hope when the NL shows what can be done..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 7

Nice to see Connor Bailey get a couple of wins.

1 hour ago, lastword said:

OK thanks Waco......................seems only you and me are really interested...................................so at 48-30 it's goodnight from me and................etc.etc.

There was lots of interest for an NL meeting by all accounts. The Warriors fans group on fb had plenty of posts all evening from those that went and didn’t go. Also reports of a good crowd size. 

The real reason for the lack of posts here is the lack of interest in this forum!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Topcat said:

Nice to see Connor Bailey get a couple of wins.

he scored 9 in his first home match followed by 7 at the small Kent Circuit.

A good start for the young man

14 hours ago, waco said:

No Georgie Wood again,,,,,,,any one know the reason,,,Looks a close meeting so far

stood down for 7 days due to illness.