British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Eastbourne, shield thingy , 23/7/19@19-30

51 minutes ago, jenga said:

NO UPDATES on the updates site as yet ! (18.17) . can they not get an updater or texter ?

EASTBOURNE have live updates of this meeting on their website ..:drink:

I'm at the track and supposed to be texting , but as of yet no updater has been in touch with me 

• Thanks 1

If nobody contacts me , and i know it's against the rules , but I can put details on here if anybody wants it 

dont get yourself in trouble . we will just have to go to the eagles site for updates

9 minutes ago, jenga said:

dont get yourself in trouble . we will just have to go to the eagles site for updates

Like I care about getting into trouble lol

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Deary me Updates must have forgotten matches on tonight..neither this nor Leicester up.....

Heat 1 Cook Bowtell Kennett Sarjeant 3-3 Cook wins by the length of the street and equals the track record , no bad with a broken wrist , Eagles pack in for the 3-3

Heat 2 Edwards Bowtell Bailey Bickley (ret) 4-8 Eagles gate and bring back a comfortable 5-1 

Heat 3 stopped just as it was getting interesting , Vissing was leading Newman , Newman then got badly out of shape on bend 2 lap 2 and came down , he's up okay , but excluded 

Heat 3 Starke Kerr Vissing 8-10 cracking race for a lap or so with Kerr and Vissing wheel to wheel before Kerr got the better of things 

Heat 4 Lawson Jensen Edwards Bickley 10-14 from the gate , Eagles look up for this 

Heat 5 Kennett Vissing Starke Edwards 13-17 Tigers getting a gating lesson so far 

Heat 6 awarded Cook Lawson Bowtell Sarjeant (f'exc) 16-20 cracking race again , Son of God electric from the gate , but Craig Cook does Craig Cook things though it took him 3 laps . Sarj down at the back though riders 30 yards ahead had entered the last lap 

Heat 7 Jensen Kerr Newman Bailey (f) 19-23 from gate , Eagles doing the sensible thing and packing in for a 3-3 when they don't gate . Behind me in the pits the Tigers getting marched in for a bit of an arse kicking session by the looks of it 

Heat 8 Newman Bickley Edwards Sarjeant (ret) 21-27 Eagles gate again but Bickley gets in between them exiting bend 2 , Sarj chucks it after a couple of laps , this post natal depression is a bugger 

Heat 9 Lawson Starke Vissing Bowtell 24-30 son of god gets the better of Starke by the 3rd bend , while at the back Vissing went missing and it took a mistake on bend 4 lap 3 to help get passed Bowtell . This is a completely different Eagles side that were up here earlier in the season. . Interval now 

Heat 10 Cook Kerr Newman Bickley 27-33 Deja vu, Eagles pack in behind Cook . With Tigers bottom order not doing it , heats 13 and 15 are the only hope of a home heat advantage , but even that's no gimmee 

Heat 11 Jensen Kennett Bowtell Bailey 30-36 Bowtell showed Bailey who was boss on bend 3 by forcing him out to the fence in no uncertain manner , all part of the learning curve for young Connor to be a bit tougher 

Heat 12 Vissing Bickley Newman Bowtell 35-37 Best race of the night with Kyle Bickley coming alive and producing a stunning ride from the back to pass both Eagles 

Heat 13 Cook Lawson Jensen Kennett 39-39 bit of a meeting now , Jensen gets Kennet on the final 2 bends 

Heat 14 Starke Kerr Bickley Edwards 43-41 Bickley passes Edwards bend 3 lap 1 

Heat 15 Cook Lawson Jensen Kennett 47-43 , stunning just stunning by Cook and Lawson , you won't see a better race anywhere in any division 

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Seems to have been excellent racing &match! Whether it is enough for Tigers we shall see. Huge thankx  to Paulco for his informative texts (Much better than the Twitter on Updates!!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Paulco said:

Heat 1 Cook Bowtell Kennett Sarjeant 3-3 Cook wins by the length of the street and equals the track record , no bad with a broken wrist , Eagles pack in for the 3-3

Heat 2 Edwards Bowtell Bailey Bickley (ret) 4-8 Eagles gate and bring back a comfortable 5-1 

Heat 3 stopped just as it was getting interesting , Vissing was leading Newman , Newman then got badly out of shape on bend 2 lap 2 and came down , he's up okay , but excluded 

Heat 3 Starke Kerr Vissing 8-10 cracking race for a lap or so with Kerr and Vissing wheel to wheel before Kerr got the better of things 

Heat 4 Lawson Jensen Edwards Bickley 10-14 from the gate , Eagles look up for this 

Heat 5 Kennett Vissing Starke Edwards 13-17 Tigers getting a gating lesson so far 

Heat 6 awarded Cook Lawson Bowtell Sarjeant (f'exc) 16-20 cracking race again , Son of God electric from the gate , but Craig Cook does Craig Cook things though it took him 3 laps . Sarj down at the back though riders 30 yards ahead had entered the last lap 

Heat 7 Jensen Kerr Newman Bailey (f) 19-23 from gate , Eagles doing the sensible thing and packing in for a 3-3 when they don't gate . Behind me in the pits the Tigers getting marched in for a bit of an arse kicking session by the looks of it 

Heat 8 Newman Bickley Edwards Sarjeant (ret) 21-27 Eagles gate again but Bickley gets in between them exiting bend 2 , Sarj chucks it after a couple of laps , this post natal depression is a bugger 

Heat 9 Lawson Starke Vissing Bowtell 24-30 son of god gets the better of Starke by the 3rd bend , while at the back Vissing went missing and it took a mistake on bend 4 lap 3 to help get passed Bowtell . This is a completely different Eagles side that were up here earlier in the season. . Interval now 

Heat 10 Cook Kerr Newman Bickley 27-33 Deja vu, Eagles pack in behind Cook . With Tigers bottom order not doing it , heats 13 and 15 are the only hope of a home heat advantage , but even that's no gimmee 

Heat 11 Jensen Kennett Bowtell Bailey 30-36 Bowtell showed Bailey who was boss on bend 3 by forcing him out to the fence in no uncertain manner , all part of the learning curve for young Connor to be a bit tougher 

Heat 12 Vissing Bickley Newman Bowtell 35-37 Best race of the night with Kyle Bickley coming alive and producing a stunning ride from the back to pass both Eagles 

Heat 13 Cook Lawson Jensen Kennett 39-39 bit of a meeting now , Jensen gets Kennet on the final 2 bends 

Heat 14 Starke Kerr Bickley Edwards 43-41 Bickley passes Edwards bend 3 lap 1 

Heat 15 Cook Lawson Jensen Kennett 47-43 , stunning just stunning by Cook and Lawson , you won't see a better race anywhere in any division 

oh,  to be @ that meeting . big praise for both teams on putting on a terrific performance for the paying and non paying fans  . my support was 40 60 in the eagles favour . but the tigs came back strong in the final heats . 

a special mention for the wonderful , adoring and very likeable Paulco , who made this evenings clash on here  a very special one .   it could be harder for the tigers @ eastbourne . but more of the same will do .

thanks again Paulco . you are almost on the Christmas list lol . the rider that turned it around for GLASGOW was kyle in the final few heats , otherwise the tigs were H18TORY . 

thanks again marra !

An absolute belter of a meeting credit to both teams on an excellent night of entertainment.

Heat 15 was wow, anybody that thinks Lawson is just a gating tart heat 15 completely blew that theory.

Bickley's last to second kick started an absolute fantastic final five heats whether it is enough i don't know , speedway was the winner tonight though , both teams must take enormous credit on serving up a classic match.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 6

What an incredible end to a highly enjoyable meeting . Yes it's advantage Eastbourne , but speedway that good deserves to pack out stadiums . Well done to both sides and the track staff for giving them the stage to produce that 

• Like 7

Brilliant job from the Eagles and great job from the Eagles website with their live updates blog. 1st season back in professional speedway and Eastbourne are so professional in all that they do.

That was a wake up call that we cant ride like this every week and get away with it. Eastbourne's long tail eventually gave in, having completely outgated and outscored us up to ht12. Bickley was the catalyst for revival getting off his comfort zone on the white line for a great second place from Newman. Up to that point we picked up 8 last places in 11 heats, not good enough at home. Ht15 was a belter from Lawson and Cook though I doubt 4 points is enough to go through. Before that though we have to be better against Leicester on Friday, especially from the gate.

Well thats the surprise of the season, well done jason edwards, a race winner on his debut.

sounds like a terrific match, i couldnt have been farther out with my score !!