Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Eastbourne, shield thingy , 23/7/19@19-30

Just now, comet49 said:

Will there be a DVD?

I hope so , everyone should have the chance to see that heat 15 

17 minutes ago, comet49 said:

Will there be a DVD?

i doubt it , they stopped doing them . only a few special ones were filmed . this one WAS special .

Wonderful end to what had been a very average meeting. 2 even teams with 1 stand out rider. Anyone who questions  Craig Cooks signing should witness heat 15 tonight. Breathtaking.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

What an incredible end to a highly enjoyable meeting . Yes it's advantage Eastbourne , but speedway that good deserves to pack out stadiums . Well done to both sides and the track staff for giving them the stage to produce that 

That was a decent match, Ht 15 was worth the admission.Very impressed with Edwards wasn’t scared to ride mid/ outside on his first race on the track, unlike Bickley who sticks to the inside like glue until the track slickens off.I like the Look of Bailey good prospect.Sarjeant less said the better:rolleyes: Enjoyable night.

14 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Agree with paulco we need a20 point lead whether we get it is another matter. Depends if Eddie K is in the mood or not. Lawson and kerr will do well but can't see there tail doing much at Ashfield but they'll run riot at Eastbourne. So yeah really hope for a big lead. 

Well the tail wagged and they didn't suffer from having to use r/r for Wood. Entertaining match just a pity it was the first leg of the shield as opposed to a league match as I can't see us progressing. As others have said heat 15 absolutely superb. 

Thought was going to be home defeat till kyle moved of the white line, i had filled my prog in after a lap of ht 15 ready to run to car when lawson done something never seen before, he passed both of them before cook took over, an off night and warm night i thought the crowd was well done on when was last their, but that big screen is a winner.

Sounds like a great meeting , thought the Tigers would have had a very comfortable win I reckoned 51-39 but Eastbourne made them work for the win, all poised for an exciting 2nd leg !!

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:21 AM, SharpenRake said:

Agree with paulco we need a20 point lead whether we get it is another matter. Depends if Eddie K is in the mood or not. Lawson and kerr will do well but can't see there tail doing much at Ashfield but they'll run riot at Eastbourne. So yeah really hope for a big lead. 

Well the tail wagged and they didn't suffer from having to use r/r for Wood. Entertaining match just a pity it was the first leg of the shield as opposed to a league match as I can't see us progressing. As others have said heat 15 absolutely superb.

DON'T KNOW WHY THIS HAS APPEARED TWICE - APOLOGIES 

Edited by SharpenRake

Have just read the preview and match report posted on the Eastbourne website. Excellent stuff and well worth reading. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Have just read the preview and match report posted on the Eastbourne website. Excellent stuff and well worth reading. 

I did , it's very good 

22 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Eastbourne website, match previews and away match reporting is easily best in the sport. A lesson to all those who rely on lazy Pearson/AP blandness that there are options.

Looks a shrewd move to bin Morley who was struggling away and  bringing a young charger like Edwards in.

Wood is as awful as Morley away, wonder if they might be about to bin him too and bring someone else in, R/R gave them more points last night than Wood has scored away most of the season.  

Glasgow won there though in League and 2nd Leg could be a cracker. 

40 minutes ago, HGould said:

Wood is as awful as Morley away, wonder if they might be about to bin him too and bring someone else in, R/R gave them more points last night than Wood has scored away most of the season.

I think Wood deserves a longer shot than Morley as he has had much less Championship experience out of the two of them and he has scored a lot more points at home compared to Morley. Also if Wood was replaced I don't think it would be a very popular decision with the fans as he is by far the most popular rider, so probably wouldn't be the best move for the management to make.

59 minutes ago, HGould said:

Eastbourne website, match previews and away match reporting is easily best in the sport. A lesson to all those who rely on lazy Pearson/AP blandness that there are options.

Looks a shrewd move to bin Morley who was struggling away and  bringing a young charger like Edwards in.

Glasgow won there though in League and 2nd Leg could be a cracker. 

Took me a while but as they say a Leopard never changes his spots- so another Forum member changes his name, this one  from UK Martin to H Gould !!!!

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Paulco said:

I did , it's very good 

2 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Eastbourne have certainly raced up through the gears this year with the amount of information that goes out on the web and social media. The match reporter for the club clearly is an Eagles fan but, what is good, is that he points out when the opposition riders do well and when there is great racing; win or lose from an Eastbourne perspective. That is a very professional attitude to take.

• Like 2