British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Eastbourne, shield thingy , 23/7/19@19-30

Was an excellent match report on Eagles website. I thought at one point the Tigers were going to lose their first home meeting, couldn't  see where we could get an advantage, however Kyle Bickley's last to 2nd brought the house down and seemed to wake up the rest of the team, (Cookie apart as he is master of Ashfield and worth admission money alone) I was very impressed with Jason Edwards and Alfie Bowtell (although his ride with Connor Bailey was a bit on the harsh side and the tigers fans let him know.) As for son of God , what a ride he produced in heat 15 although Cookie got him in the end. All in all a very entertaining meeting and excellent performance from the Eagles, not sure if we can pull it off going through as it will be a much tougher task than last time we were at Arlington. We need to be on it from the start on our matches coming up v Leicester and Scunthorpe.

This thread torpedoes any suggestion that all the posts on this forum are negative.

Quite clearly, do it right and fans can be lavish with their praise.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

I was very impressed with Jason Edwards and Alfie Bowtell (although his ride with Connor Bailey was a bit on the harsh side and the tigers fans let him know.)

Another learning point for Connor, rather than how to get out of a situation like that, try not to get in it to start with. He is a very good prospect.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Took me a while but as they say a Leopard never changes his spots- so another Forum member changes his name, this one  from UK Martin to H Gould !!!!

Just spotted this and felt compelled to make mention - I hope you don’t mind me making comment regarding H Gould (and hope he doesn’t either) but it just so happens I have spoken to him a couple of times this season and occasionally over the years and I’ve always known him as a Birmingham fan - I say I know him, I don’t really, not well at all but he one of those people I’ve been accustomed to seeing (mainly around the midlands tracks) and over the years we’ve nodded to each other and in the last couple of years we’ve exchanged the odd pleasantry this season I saw him and nodded at eagles opening meeting but then during the cup match we actually had more of an extended conversation when I learned, or rather assumed by what he was saying of his identity on this forum - whether that’s his real name I know not, our ‘speedway relationship’ has never gone as far as exchanging names - more nods and the occasional handshake - I enjoy reading the comments on this site but seldom post. I often wonder who some of people behind the identities are and how heavily they might be involved in the sport - I’m guessing from your post here that you think you might have caught someone out but having spoken to H Gould in recent weeks, unless I’m missing something I think you might have got it slightly wrong here

6 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

This thread torpedoes any suggestion that all the posts on this forum are negative.

Quite clearly, do it right and fans can be lavish with their praise.

A warm summer evening , an excellently prepared track , two very good teams culminating with one of the races of the season . You cant help but be positive 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, highroad119 said:

Heats 12 and 15 now on social media. 

good . viewing . why arnt these videos available to the fans ?

i think thats the first time i have seen Richard and Craig acknowledge each others racing . somethings change for the better .

8 minutes ago, jenga said:

i think thats the first time i have seen Richard and Craig acknowledge each others racing . somethings change for the better .

Think it is a management decision not to release DVD’s.

6 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Think it is a management decision not to release DVD’s.

can you tell  me why they are taping/videoing the meetings if they no longer want to  sell them ? 

seems strange , may as well no do any at all and save money or do you have to go through the company who actually done the video/tape thingy ?

it seems a shame to not put them out ..

1 minute ago, jenga said:

can you tell  me why they are taping/videoing the meetings if they no longer want to  sell them ? 

seems strange , may as well no do any at all and save money or do you have to go through the company who actually done the video/tape thingy ?

it seems a shame to not put them out ..

I don’t know why,but have been told that they prefer the fans to turn up to watch meetings as opposed to buying DVD.Whether this is true or not who knows!!

32 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I don’t know why,but have been told that they prefer the fans to turn up to watch meetings as opposed to buying DVD.Whether this is true or not who knows!!

bit of a shame for the Eastbourne fans as their team put up a good showing .it  will be a shame if eastbourne reach and win the final and have no means of watching it .

on the other hand if Glasgow were to do the final and win it . i can see a box set being available . . . 

maybe a season long league  meetings on DVD on how the tigers won the championship !  now theres an idea .  :t:

Edited by jenga
T , Y too close on keyboard !

35 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

i think workington tried that . they came out with this line . if the people of workington want to watch speedway , they will have to come and see it at Derwent P ark .... it did not work . the fans wanted the DVD as well . they moved on and never came back...  they wanted as much stuff on their club as poss. ... not a good move from Glasgow , i think .

5 hours ago, jenga said:

No commentary? Or maybe producing a best off for the end of the season which would be a cracker by the way. Don't really know. Why not ask them next time you are up

Enjoyed the night until the phrase every fan luvs to hear " chris harris will be guesting friday night " !

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

No commentary? Or maybe producing a best off for the end of the season which would be a cracker by the way. Don't really know. Why not ask them next time you are up

i cannot see me ever attending a Glasgow meeting . so will not be asking !

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1