British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Any weather updates please before traveling from Cumbria?

Overcast, here at the moment. Possible threat of rain, but the forecast say's, not due till 9pm. It has been like this, most of the morning, to be fair.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, northyorksbear said:

Thunderstorms and persistent rain in Northallerton!!!

A few rolls of thunder and a few droplets of rain, but still holding off here in Middlesbrough.

6 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

A few rolls of thunder and a few droplets of rain, but still holding off here in Middlesbrough.

And cue rain, don't know how long it will last. Could be just a shower.

Been a few heavy showers now. Going off the last Facebook Post will take another look at track at 6.

What a shame. At least some of the fans should be able to meet Riss at the stadium tonight. Given the time its been called off. Just cannot see him ride at home yet. The future is exciting for Redcar.

Oh well, 4 hour round trip for nothing but ' that's speedway ' as they say.

Was allowed inside the stadium, still able to get food and drink and use the facilities. Even got to speak to some riders who explained why it was called off ( start line was just too wet after heavy down pour at 5 pm) . Nice to get to speak to riders from both sides, no animosity over the call off and only the home promoter appeared a bit down about it ( understandably ).

Got handed a fans survey ( see different thread) which was interesting.

Despite my fuel bill not a totally wasted journey as got  to eat one of their famous pie n peas!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Oh well, 4 hour round trip for nothing but ' that's speedway ' as they say.

Was allowed inside the stadium, still able to get food and drink and use the facilities. Even got to speak to some riders who explained why it was called off ( start line was just too wet after heavy down pour at 5 pm) . Nice to get to speak to riders from both sides, no animosity over the call off and only the home promoter appeared a bit down about it ( understandably ).

Got handed a fans survey ( see different thread) which was interesting.

Despite my fuel bill not a totally wasted journey as got  to eat one of their famous pie n peas!

I am truly sorry,  for your wasted journey. I must admit, I am still shocked, that it was called off, in view of what came down. Rory Schlein wasn't there was he. I must admit, I did not see the track,  but have seen much more, come down and the match been on. I hope it has not caused any damage to your speedway appetite.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

I am truly sorry,  for your wasted journey. I must admit, I am still shocked, that it was called off, in view of what came down. Rory Schlein wasn't there was he. I must admit, I did not see the track,  but have seen much more, come down and the match been on. I hope it has not caused any damage to your speedway appetite.

Not at all, 47 years of following the sport have taught me that it's always a risk but it looked like the right decision as the sky was threatening and there was allot of water on the start line.

As a certain American film star said " I'll be back ".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Not at all, 47 years of following the sport have taught me that it's always a risk but it looked like the right decision as the sky was threatening and there was allot of water on the start line.

As a certain American film star said " I'll be back ".

Good to hear.