British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Edinburgh Monarchs Vs Berwick Bandits

Surely Leon should have been in heat 9 

Good win last night for the boys. 

Top 4 doing their job, willie chipping in as well. Good to see Connor getting his first win.

On 7/26/2019 at 8:49 AM, balderdash&piffle said:

Ever thought of engaging with thew fans that no longer attend, and try to find out why they no longer attend.  I would be as bold to say the attendance is is no longer tenable for the survival at Berwick.  So instead of playing the blame game,

eg ( it is not the clubs fault ,it is the speedway fan that does not understand, and should just attend )

I know my reasons, others disagree with me, but many who no longer attend are roughly of the same opinion, we cannot all be wrong.  I will add, it is sad, as I still would like to see Berwick survive, but unless changes are made to entertain more, then I, like others,  will not be back.

Probably the most honest and sensible post I’ve read in a while

Everything is not ok, despite what the club say, entertainment is zero people are not coming to watch 

You can see what the problem is and so can others why can’t the club not only admit what the problem is but solve it 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Therein lies the problem, I wasn't talking about the few on the forum.  It is the many who no longer attend, for many reasons.  This type of attitude, the club is right and the fans are talking through their proverbial, is the main cause of the problem.  It is because of this type of attitude that the gate has fallen  to the level that it is.

I remember a prominent voice on here, saying, if they don't like what is offered don't come,  well that is exactly what has happened.

I might add, as for the 'BEGGING BOWL'  if the customer does not like the product, it simply does not buy it

Yes we were told if you don’t like it don’t come

Good luck making it pay in front of three hundred or so ‘yes it’s fab’ supporters who accept any dross that is put in front of them

Heres a radical thought stand up be brave and tell them we want it improved we want it to be entertaining 

Racing at other tracks is good

racing at Sheilfield has been good in the past so the ‘shape of the track is the problem’ argument doesn’t wash 

Edited by Tellitasitis

29 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Good win last night for the boys. 

Top 4 doing their job, willie chipping in as well. Good to see Connor getting his first win.

Willie still needing replaced.

IF next yr is the year the 2 leagues amalgamate Berwick will be the first to shut ,imo

15 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

IF next yr is the year the 2 leagues amalgamate Berwick will be the first to shut ,imo

Might not need amalgamation to do that 

Score pretty much as expected don't think anybody will trouble Edinburgh at home with their new top 4

• Like 1

Not the best result around Armadale but certainly not the worst giving some of our efforts, in fact Berwick were just six down at the end of Ht12 so in with a chance of a point, that was until our usual fall away in the later heats happened. Good to see Aaron Summers back to form following his recent crash.

22 hours ago, penchev said:

why should anyone within the club come to the forum fannies attention with a begging bowl?

Is it not in their interests to, maybe not with a begging bowl but find a way to win back those who are missing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tellitasitis said:

Yes we were told if you don’t like it don’t come

Good luck making it pay in front of three hundred or so ‘yes it’s fab’ supporters who accept any dross that is put in front of them

Heres a radical thought stand up be brave and tell them we want it improved we want it to be entertaining 

Racing at other tracks is good

racing at Sheilfield has been good in the past so the ‘shape of the track is the problem’ argument doesn’t wash 

The shape of the track “is a problem “ certainly doesn’t wash.

• Like 1