British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

British final Belle Vue Monday July 29th live on BT Sport

The winner of the final goes to the British GP, but would happen if R Lambert won it and qualified but say for instance Hancock is still absent from the GP's. Would the 2nd place rider in the British Final qualify or would it go to Frickle the next in line on the GP replacements list? Anyone know the answer?

8 minutes ago, iand said:

The winner of the final goes to the British GP, but would happen if R Lambert won it and qualified but say for instance Hancock is still absent from the GP's. Would the 2nd place rider in the British Final qualify or would it go to Frickle the next in line on the GP replacements list? Anyone know the answer?

It`s only the wildcard in the GP that comes from the British final- Lambert will be in it def if he wins the BF or if he doesn`t he will only ride if any of the 15 permanent riders are missing. Fricke can only ride if 2 of the 15 are not there. If Lambert wins BF and is in the meeting through 1 of the 15 missing then 2nd in the BF will get the wildcard.

• Like 1

Pre sales look very good. 

Weather looms good. Not a great line up but nevertheless. It is what it is. A british championship up for grabs with 16 riders giving it there all at the NSS. 

Watch out for Ayres. Hes my dark horse to ruffle a few feathers. 

• Like 4

I agree about Ayres, he's certainly quick and rides the NSS well.  You never know, could be a decent replacement for Aarnio in the Aces team, at least he'd be exciting to watch.   Also, if we save any points average-wise by such a move we could engineer a place for Bellago too! 

• Like 1

Danny Ayres was impressive in the semi and in the League matches that I have seen him.

He appears to have stepped it up this year

• Like 2

1 hour ago, idanthyrsus said:

How early should you get there to have no parking issues?

I am assuming you can buy a ticket on the day

You can buy a ticket on the day yes. There will be a good crowd so suggest getting there between 6 and half 6 for parking 

Just now, idanthyrsus said:

Thanks.  Heavens above!!! 6:30???  What do you do for an hour!!!

Admire the wilfsport jackets 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Admire the wilfsport jackets 

Given today's weather, wulfsport umbrellas would be more appropriate ...

11 minutes ago, idanthyrsus said:

Given today's weather, wulfsport umbrellas would be more appropriate ...

Weather fine for monday. They only day of the week it will be dry 

8 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Pre sales look very good. 

Weather looms good. Not a great line up but nevertheless. It is what it is. A british championship up for grabs with 16 riders giving it there all at the NSS. 

Watch out for Ayres. Hes my dark horse to ruffle a few feathers. 

Danny was absolutely fantastic guesting for the Witches at Peterborough recently. Gating well and had impressive speed

11 hours ago, racers and royals said:

It`s only the wildcard in the GP that comes from the British final- Lambert will be in it def if he wins the BF or if he doesn`t he will only ride if any of the 15 permanent riders are missing. Fricke can only ride if 2 of the 15 are not there. If Lambert wins BF and is in the meeting through 1 of the 15 missing then 2nd in the BF will get the wildcard.

Are you sure about that?

When I saw the question from Iand earlier, I did wonder about the exact rules.

Are the wildcards not usually confirmed before the date that the qualified 15 riders have to confirm whether they will race? 

If one of the reserves for the series is already announced as a wildcard, would their position as a reserve or as a wildcard take priority if one of the 15 pull out?

Surely if Hancock is missing Cardiff, the GP season first reserve (not meeting reserve) would stand in ie Lambert. If, say, Hancock and Woffy are missing then Lambert and Fricke would stand in. If Lambert was to win the British Championship then the next placed finisher would be at Cardiff as no 16.

However if no GP season regular is missing, then no 16 at Cardiff would be Lambert.

The point HenryW makes is interesting, but I would think season reserves would always fill for missing season GP riders, always leaving no 16 open to be nominated by the home country

Thats my logic, but that may not be the rules :)

I just wondering whether we are going to see Hancock again this year, or indeed again at all. But that’s another thing non of us really will know.