British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

British final Belle Vue Monday July 29th live on BT Sport

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

With the weather being so wet over the weekend, it might make the track heavier than normal and that might favour someone like King again. Schlein has a chance being a fast-gater, but you'd have to go with a top 3 of Cook, Lambert, Bewley and then its wide open for 4th. Could be a brilliant meeting with a few surprises!

The drainage is excellent, the majority of this rain will have just run off into drains, tomorrow is dry sunny day so will dry quickly. they will be watering by the afternoon probably.

• Like 1

I really hope it goes ahead. Needs to stop chucking down. I am in Wigan and its been none stop all day. Stays clear from the morning onwards we will be fine. Is the best track in the World after all.

The meeting will be on. Dont know why people fret. The forecast tomorrow is dry. All of this rain water over the last few days will be gone and they will be watering the track by mid afternoon.

This was taken at 8am this morning after over 48 hours of continuous rain, over 90mm. Half a mile away roads are flooded shown on BBC news last night but as you can see the track is fine. 

It is going to be 23 degrees and sunny today so they will be watering this afternoon.

4A773C41-1A05-4D34-B4E5-26AAEC20F573.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

This was taken at 8am this morning after over 48 hours of continuous rain, over 90mm. Half a mile away roads are flooded shown on BBC news last night but as you can see the track is fine. 

It is going to be 23 degrees and sunny today so they will be watering this afternoon.

4A773C41-1A05-4D34-B4E5-26AAEC20F573.jpeg

Good to see, I’m heading south on my way to this, looking forward to my first visit to The NSS

Lambert out  

Auty replaces. 

Get well soon robert 

Its Cooks to lose now although Bewley couldnt ask for a better chance to win a title earlier than expected

On 27 July 2019 at 1:35 PM, iand said:

The winner of the final goes to the British GP, but would happen if R Lambert won it and qualified but say for instance Hancock is still absent from the GP's. Would the 2nd place rider in the British Final qualify or would it go to Frickle the next in line on the GP replacements list? Anyone know the answer?

Won't happen now with Lambert out.

Essentially now just a glorified premier league meeting.

A truly awful line up but at the same time, a huge opportunity for Dan Bewley.

You can only beat what you are given.

PS all the best to Robert that’s not a pleasant injury

Edited by acef
  • Like 1

With Robert Lambert out through injury and both Cook and Bewley carrying an injury, it will be a very open British Final. But the lineup now very accurately reflects Tai Woffinden's point that " the gulf's too wide" in terms of class, between the British League and the world stage. An incredible gulf!

It could now be a truly competitive meeting. You might think it's Cook's to lose but he isn't so consistent at the NSS.  Also, I think that there a good half a dozen riders who will believe they can win. Looking forward to it, just hope it's a classic for those watching on TV.  I'm sure that you will see a god crowd. Can't wait!