British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

British final Belle Vue Monday July 29th live on BT Sport

8 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

With Robert Lambert out through injury and both Cook and Bewley carrying an injury, it will be a very open British Final. But the lineup now very accurately reflects Tai Woffinden's point that " the gulf's too wide" in terms of class, between the British League and the world stage. An incredible gulf!

Bewley carrying an injury have I missed something? 

Got a dead leg last week, but he has been riding in Poland so assume it's O.K.  ( not forgetting the awful injuries he sustained last year )

8 minutes ago, SPD444 said:

Got a dead leg last week, but he has been riding in Poland so assume it's O.K.  ( not forgetting the awful injuries he sustained last year )

So not injured then and he's rode in plenty of matches since 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mark.1 said:

So not injured then and he's rode in plenty of matches since 

Only the one, yesterday, I believe. He doesn't ride in the Championship so where else has he been riding?

10 minutes ago, SPD444 said:

Only the one, yesterday, I believe. He doesn't ride in the Championship so where else has he been riding?

He has ridden in the Swedish league for Rospigarna since that dead leg

Dan is fine. And I expect he will price as much tonight

Edited by acef

Assuming this is the normal format of first 2 to the final and next 4 for a race off

Lawson and Cook straight to the Final

Schlein, Wright, Bewley and King to the race off

I hope Stevie Worrall has a good night tonight, he has been struggling lately and I hope his luck changes.

Can somebody enlighten me please ! How does Schlien qualify, has he got a British passport ?

4 minutes ago, Aroundtheboards said:

Can somebody enlighten me please ! How does Schlien qualify, has he got a British passport ?

Yes

11 minutes ago, Aroundtheboards said:

Where have you been the last few seasons? Schlein rode in last years British final !

Just now, Fortythirtyeight said:

Where have you been the last few seasons? Schlein rode in last years British final !

Fine, I am just enquiring as to how he qualifies in the old day's you had to be British !!!

12 minutes ago, acef said:

Yes

Thanks mate glad you could help and not give a sarcastic answer as Fortythirtyeight did ! :unsure:

Edited by Aroundtheboards

Gutted for Robert and speedy recover.

Whilst the next generation of British riders is very promising (Bewley and Lambert included) this line up is beyond poor with a mostly lower level field.

Cook should blitz it even tho he is riding with an injury.

Bewley let’s hope can make the final so that the future generation is represented.

As for the rest none have any aspirations on the big world stage so it’s of little importance who else features in the final.

It will be a great achievement for any other rider I’ve not named to be crowned British champion but will mean little else to the GP elite or foreign leagues sadly.