British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

British final Belle Vue Monday July 29th live on BT Sport

16 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Felt if cook picked white in the final he would’ve had it. Gifting Wright white basically gifting him it. 

Cook? He was nowhere near quick enough. King maybe. King obviously thought if he took blue he could cover red & white. But it didn't work out. 

• Like 2

Just now, Fromafar said:

Do you think Cook would have produce the outside pass that Charles done in the final,the inside guys were making the bend most of the night?

Agree to a certain extent Mr B ; Cookie should have picked white but I still think Wright and King were that bit better tonight and were willing to go high, wide and then some. Two dynamic performances with Cookie off the pace and a bit jaded in final.Worthy, worthy winner. Well done Charles.

• Like 2

First time in ages I've watched a meeting in Britain on TVs and enjoyed it so much . Enjoyed woffy s commentary with Pearson and Tatum. Some great close racing . Congratulations to Charles Wright worthy winner hope and well done to Danny Aryes mr entertainment. Came across him last year at Sheffield at the young guns meeting when he was collecting money during the interval a very nice pleasant bloke.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Col said:

Cook? He was nowhere near quick enough. King maybe. King obviously thought if he took blue he could cover red & white. But it didn't work out. 

Think King picked the right gate ,Wright just too good.Interesting Tai said last week in SON programme he was always reluctant to give an opponent the inside gate in a final.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Cook is like rigid Robot on a bike.He can’t produce passing like a lot of these guys tonight.

Suspect Cook isnt 100% and cant hang on in the deep stuff. Not once did he head right out wide to where Wright, King, Ayres etc went. Best rider by far won the night.

Dont think either Starke or Wright deserved to be excluded in that crash, neither were aware of each other or intended to wipe each other out. Hope Starkey is ok.

42 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well done to Wright. So so quick! The last third of the meeting was very good. Dialled in and first time at BV? Fully deserved.

Eh ?? He has been there 3 times this season already with Peterborough 

Well done to Charles quickest man on the night.

Caught the the last quarter of the meeting after getting home from Kent v Leicester. Good to see Charles Wright win it, a very underrated rider.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well done to Wright. So so quick! The last third of the meeting was very good. Dialled in and first time at BV? Fully deserved.

Absolutely clueless loooooool

Congratulations Charles Wright, fully deserved. Why has he never as far as I am aware ridden regularly for Belle Vue, his brother James did, a while back. and I remember watching Charles at Buxton, I know his early career was blighted by some serious injuries.

Steve Worrall will never be great at Belle Vue as he prefers the inside line too much, and Cookie unfortunately finds it difficult to pass anyone at the NSS.

Congratulations to Charlie Wright - much deserved win on the night and a great effort from Danny King too.

Despite Lambert dropping out and Bewley as well it turned into a decent meeting. Well done the NSS and a decent size crowd too.

30 minutes ago, woodenspoon said:

Congratulations Charles Wright, fully deserved. Why has he never as far as I am aware ridden regularly for Belle Vue, his brother James did, a while back. and I remember watching Charles at Buxton, I know his early career was blighted by some serious injuries.

Steve Worrall will never be great at Belle Vue as he prefers the inside line too much, and Cookie unfortunately finds it difficult to pass anyone at the NSS.

Would take him at BV.

He is a character. And a bit of a nut case as well, hes had some scraps in his time. Full of balls and determination and is fearless.

Steve has lost his confidence and very much like Dan, needs to toughen up, as Tai correctly pointed out tonight.

They wont win the big titles riding within themselves 

EPIC fail on charles surname on the British sPEEDWAY SITE . CANT EVEN SPELL WRIGHT.  who is charles wight  ?

are these people getting paid to do this website ? abysmal  pr . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1