British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

British final Belle Vue Monday July 29th live on BT Sport

1 hour ago, acef said:

Well done to Charles quickest man on the night.

He didn`t do too bad to say  you said and I quote  ` hes a bang average rider.`   just shows how much you know about non Belle Vue riders.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dornier fixer said:

He didn`t do too bad to say  you said and I quote  ` hes a bang average rider.`   just shows how much you know about non Belle Vue riders.

He is. I stand by it. My opinion is the same of pretty much every British rider outside of Tai and Robert and the kids that are upcoming.

I'm not entirely sure what point you are trying to make.

I'll bet you've been keeping that one in your back pocket for a while! Was the moment sweet? Hope you enjoyed it.

Edited by acef
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Thecatalyst said:

Wow,,, well done Wright, but that just goes to show how poor current British talent is. 

Or that you have no idea what your talking about!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Or that you have no idea what your talking about!

I have plenty of idea,,,, huge rider on the domestic and world scene isn't he, errrr no. Average at best  only one clueless  person here, you 

Edited by Thecatalyst
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, bellevueace said:

And to think some wanted the Aces to sign him. 

He could certainly do a job for you at home but you are far happier with Aarnio.

• Haha 1

Summed up everything good and bad about British Speedway.

Most of the field have been around years yet delivered some good racing and pretty competitive.

Flashes of brilliance from likes of Wright; King; Kennett; Ayres; Cook and Bomber yet left with feeling just a power circuit though.

Boring and predictable first 10 heats but once dirt line developed some good racing and a couple of classic races.

No Tai or Lambert and Bewley injured during meeting so lacked top name sparkle.

Can someone convince me it won't be the same guys in 1,2,3,4,5 years time? - emerging young talent seems to have struggled this season and most have gone backwards or worryingly given up or got injured.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, jenga said:

EPIC fail on charles surname on the British sPEEDWAY SITE . CANT EVEN SPELL WRIGHT.  who is charles wight  ?

are these people getting paid to do this website ? abysmal  pr . 

Spot on Jenga. But it was late at night and the poor things were tired by being there and exhausting travelling with road problem around Manchest ( flooded streets ). And of course, it was an auto-correction fault, no doubt! No, you got it right - Abysmal PR, well up to par. Charles Wight rode for Bradford immediately after the war, so it must be all too easy to get them confused.

• Haha 1

great meeting well done Charles hope you get a lap of honour at poole on Thursday evening . 

7 hours ago, acef said:

He is. I stand by it. My opinion is the same of pretty much every British rider outside of Tai and Robert and the kids that are upcoming.

I'm not entirely sure what point you are trying to make.

I'll bet you've been keeping that one in your back pocket for a while! Was the moment sweet? Hope you enjoyed it.

I really enjoyed it. I was thinking about you the whole meeting.  I was lucky enough to be there to see the rider I chose to be in the SON become British Champion.

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

He could certainly do a job for you at home but you are far happier with Aarnio.

But it away performances we need and Auty would not improve us in that department.

Edited by bellevueace

Proper track,proper racing and a deserved winner in Charles Wright

is it me or does Cookie look quite uncomfortable on the bike,his style doesnt seem as flowing or compact as others some how...motorcross back ground??

It’s pretty obvious that Rosco has taken the Hump with Tai and Co.IMO

National Team Manager at British Final and does not appear to have anything to say!!!!!!!

• Like 1

The whole thing may as well be handed over to Billy Smart's Circus, because that's what this track is more appropriate for. It was made out of rubbish and it's exactly what it produces.Out of 22 heats there were about 6 where it was a fair circuit, possible to race and succeed using inside, outside, and middle. For the rest, it had only one viable line and actually in the end just became a stunt-riding exhibition.

• Haha 2