British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

British final Belle Vue Monday July 29th live on BT Sport

22 hours ago, CB252 said:

You've got to laugh at people moaning.

Even poor races are good at the NSS.  At least the riders are going fast and it looks like speedway.  Far better than the bumbling, wobbling and locking up at the vast majority of laughable tracks we have to put up with in this country.

There's now been at least a couple of races that most UK tracks couldn't even get close to in terms of excitement.

All we need is another 15 tracks like Manchester to make the sport viable in this country. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Good race in heat 16. Why on earth can’t they get the track right from the start?

You have to hand it to the National Speedway Stadium. Probably the only track in the country which could have got this meeting on after a months worth of rain over the last 2 days. Great surface, wide and produces great racing week in week out. Most of the other tracks in the UK would have still been a soggy mess on Monday night , leading to a call off for travelling fans and BT sport. Even on a bad night the action is far better than anything we have seen this year in the SGP or SON. Only problem is we need plenty more tracks on a par with Manchester which we will never have. The council paying to  build a track and stadium  for a speedway club wont happen again. 

Edited by iwright71
  • Like 3

Why do all individual meetings end up with a stupid semi final and final ? It makes no sense... the most consistent rider over the evening after 5 rides should be the champion. 

All the individual meetings are now ruined by this daft idea.

NB I do not support any of the finalists.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Why do all individual meetings end up with a stupid semi final and final ? It makes no sense... the most consistent rider over the evening after 5 rides should be the champion. 

All the individual meetings are now ruined by this daft idea.

NB I do not support any of the finalists.

You wouldn`t be watching it on TV if they didn`t !

• Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 9:30 PM, CB252 said:

You've got to laugh at people moaning.

Even poor races are good at the NSS.  At least the riders are going fast and it looks like speedway.  Far better than the bumbling, wobbling and locking up at the vast majority of laughable tracks we have to put up with in this country.

There's now been at least a couple of races that most UK tracks couldn't even get close to in terms of excitement.

You know.

And I get the impression that more and more people are working out that poor tracks are the biggest problem in this country.

Just need the authorities/BSPA to start to realise it now and we're on the way.

Guest Loose Diamond
On 7/26/2019 at 6:15 AM, foamfence said:

What a poor line-up.

Cannot help injuries.

Guest Loose Diamond
4 hours ago, iwright71 said:

All we need is another 15 tracks like Manchester to make the sport viable in this country. 

Well years ago it seemed like it was viable. And there were no tracks purposely built for speedway.( Or not too many anyway) So what has changed then??

3 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Why do all individual meetings end up with a stupid semi final and final ? It makes no sense... the most consistent rider over the evening after 5 rides should be the champion. All the individual meetings are now ruined by this daft idea. 

I agree with you to some degree. But if 20 heats on Monday night determined who was British Champion and had the right to ride at the Cardiff GP then it would have been Danny King. But Charles Wright had a highly disputed exclusion, which I don’t think he should have, which would have robbed him of potentially competing in a run off with Danny King, both on 14 points. As it was, heat 21 plus heat 22 effectively provided that run off.  Taking into account the whole evening racing I think the correct outcome came about because of heat 22.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jenga said:

hi layla . 

i am not too sure , but at a guess i would say  one you put a cast or heavy strapping , the other is left to heal in its own time with no support . ..... 

thats the way i see it....  especially as Craig  said it was a fracture and therefore not a break .

any other health problems , just msg me with your ailments .

Dr J  

in medical terms , a fracture is also called a .  a break  , 

Craig said his wrist was fractured .

Jenna, why are you guessing........ a fracture IS a break. Check it out yourself on the internet.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

I'm not having that, no one would have picked Charles Wright, Chris Harris is up and down at the NSS.  Cook yes and probably king. 

Who before the start of the meeting would have been your pick for the final?

7 hours ago, Stoke Potter said:

And I get the impression that more and more people are working out that poor tracks are the biggest problem in this country.

Cheaper by far to standardise bikes or reduce their power output than build 12+ new tracks, Very few could be converted, although perhaps King's Lynn could ( if the will were there ).

5 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Jenna, why are you guessing........ a fracture IS a break. Check it out yourself on the internet.

i have already had a peep ont interweb . + the last 2 lines of my post explains my take on this matter .

On 7/29/2019 at 8:31 PM, bruno said:

Anyone else think Tai doing ok on the commentary

Such a breath of fresh air. Witty, comical, playful and insightful. The bloke has got the lot!

On 7/30/2019 at 12:11 AM, Dornier fixer said:

He didn`t do too bad to say  you said and I quote  ` hes a bang average rider.`   just shows how much you know about non Belle Vue riders.

Just to add to the original post I’d agree before Monday night Wright would be classed as ‘a bang average rider’, and there is nothing wrong with that. 

However if he really wants to move in in the sport he needs to ditch the safety of the CL and try to get contracts in Europe and use PL only next season.

Looking at that line up it was a perfect choice for a ‘spoiler’ to step up so huge congratulations to Charles on the victory. 

Just caught up with the meeting last night and it’s great to see a good crowd. Racing probably not at its highest standard till late on when as expected it delivered. But an average meeting at the NSS is better than the majority of all other tracks at their best anyway.

Wright has been having a great season and looks to have made good progress. For GB let’s hope that continues.

• Like 2

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, foamfence said:

Who said you could?

Don't think anyone did. Just saying. In a bit of a reference to you saying "What a poor line -up" Robert Lambert and Tai Woofinden missing.