British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

British final Belle Vue Monday July 29th live on BT Sport

4 minutes ago, montie said:

Proper track,proper racing and a deserved winner in Charles Wright

is it me or does Cookie look quite uncomfortable on the bike,his style doesnt seem as flowing or compact as others some how...motorcross back ground??

Cook is not stylish,but he does ok .Think you might be right about Moto cross background ,but has been around a while to change if he wanted.He is a top British rider but that’s it for me.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

But it away performances we need and Auty would not improve us in that department.

Aarnio and Berge scored 1 point between them at the Abbey and were woeful Auty is better than both of those riders whatever happens Belle Vue need to make a change.

10 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

The whole thing may as well be handed over to Billy Smart's Circus, because that's what this track is more appropriate for. It was made out of rubbish and it's exactly what it produces.Out of 22 heats there were about 6 where it was a fair circuit, possible to race and succeed using inside, outside, and middle. For the rest, it had only one viable line and actually in the end just became a stunt-riding exhibition.

Speedway isn't for you then clearly.

• Like 5

Really pleased to see a different name on the trophy and looking forward to cheering Charles on at Cardiff !:t:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It’s pretty obvious that Rosco has taken the Hump with Tai and Co.IMO

National Team Manager at British Final and does not appear to have anything to say!!!!!!!

Might be because Tai voiced his opinion over 'Harris's' selection for the SON ???

Rosco is a dinosaur imo!

7 hours ago, Thecatalyst said:

I have plenty of idea,,,, huge rider on the domestic and world scene isn't he, errrr no. Average at best  only one clueless  person here, you 

Top of Peterborough's averages, 2nd top of Redcars averages only due to Riss riding less matches.

Has a team in Poland and ridden in a G.P. Qualifier where he was the only rider all day to make overtakes and took Vaclav Milik from the back.

and now BRITISH CHAMPION!

As I said...YOU have no clue.

• Like 2

Congratulations Charles Wright 2019 BRITISH CHAMPION, from all your Somerset fans............. I think most of us could see where you perfected those moves!

You think that's good, that says all I need to know. That's not to you above. And I was saying how poor the depth of current British talent is, not the Charles didn't deserve to win it. 

Edited by Thecatalyst

26 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Cook is not stylish,but he does ok .Think you might be right about Moto cross background ,but has been around a while to change if he wanted.He is a top British rider but that’s it for me.

Cook has very rigid upright style which looks a bit ungainly to me. Agree that he is one of the top British riders but I can't see him ever being a regular on the GP circuit. Has got where he has through hard work and application but doesn't possess the natural talent of the best riders I feel.

• Like 1

Just caught up with the meeting (I was at Kent last night), a few random observations.

All in all a great meeting after a slow start.

Charles Wright a well deserved and entertaining winner, kept his focus after that controversial exclusion.

Danny Ayres, a legend at Kent and Mildenhall, comes to play with the big boys - and gives it his all. Fantastic entertainer as ever.

Wright spent his first four seasons at  Buxton  - how they are missed

Somerset's team building looks even more questionable now.

Not a Woffy fan, but I am warming to him. I thought his on air coaching of Danny Ayres showed that he has more to offer speedway than his riding abilities.

• Like 2

Cook is a poor mans Carl Stonehewer .

Top second tier rider but nothing more , Stoney mixed it in the GPs for a few years but apart from that their a similar type. 

Nothing wrong with that of course but he is never going to be better than he is .

• Like 1

Charles Wright was my pick to win. He should not have disqualified. He won it riding at number 1 which doesn't happen very often. It was ridiculous to label him the underdog.Well done Charles. Hope you continue to progress towards the top.

• Like 1

Huge congratulations to Charles Wright not often a rider i want to win it actually does. Glad to see Starkey walk away and lovely to see the unity of riders with bikes, helmets and even boots being leant between each other. 

The final word has to go to the man the legend Danny Ayres. A great showman and ambassador for the sport, agonisingly close to the heat win he so craved although he may still be on track celebrating now if he had. 

• Like 7

Think the rule regarding ‘ if the race is stopped after 1st bend someone has to be excluded “ needs revised.That was definitely a case of All 4 back. IMO.Racing incident, you could have excluded Worrell, Wright or Stark depending how you viewed it.

• Like 6

A decent night at NSS. Weather played it's part big time. We were lucky to get a meeting on after the rain we had over weekend. It made gate 1 very lucrative which is a shame as usually the gates are quite even. It also made the track a little to grippy early on and then produced a line right by the fence if you had the balls to go there. Luckily half the riders did. 

A massive crowd in the stadium on a Monday night was good to see. I'd say about 2500+. 

Danny Ayres, auty, Kennet and Harris all produce bravery at the highest level. Felt sorry for danny. Never seen a crowd will a rider on like they did danny Ayres. Everyone was gutted when Harris pipped him. 

Last but not least Charles wright, bravo sir. A very deserving winner. And a local lad. How hes never rode for us I never know. 

Wright as improved season upon season. Entertains every meeting. He goes under the radar a lot for some reason. No more now though.  Proved his worth. Go and enjoy cardiff mate 

• Like 7