British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

British final Belle Vue Monday July 29th live on BT Sport

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

Lambert

Lawson

Schlein

Hopefully the Australian Brit will be no where near the top three.

As long as Lambert still isn't feeling the affects of his Torun crash then I hope he retains his title.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HenryW said:

Are you sure about that?

When I saw the question from Iand earlier, I did wonder about the exact rules.

Are the wildcards not usually confirmed before the date that the qualified 15 riders have to confirm whether they will race? 

If one of the reserves for the series is already announced as a wildcard, would their position as a reserve or as a wildcard take priority if one of the 15 pull out?

No not sure about it 100%. However Ove Fundin fan in the post below yours has sort of said the same as me. I suppose the fly in the ointment is the difference in timescales whereas we will know the Wildcard around 9.30pm on Monday and could have riders nominated from the reserve list as late as Wednesday September 18th. I still think that if Lambert wins the British final- the 2nd stands by to ride if Lambert gets a place  from the reserve list. We should know on Monday because Nige and Kelv will know :)

Top 4

Lambert

Cook

Bewley

Ayres

I think a fully fit Robert would win at a canter but after the two heavy falls he’s had in the past eight days I’d say it’s now much more open. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Top 4

Lambert

Cook

Bewley

Ayres

Simon or Robert ? :)

• Haha 2

Lambert has had 2 pearlers over the last 8 days, I can’t imagine he will be 100%.

Had he been he would have won it at a canter. As it is I think it’s now a little more open and I’m sticking my neck out here, but I see Dan Bewley winning this now.

Cook, Lambert, Bewley and Wright for the final...…. 

Bewley to win it (we can hope!)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Falcon1983 said:

Isn't cook injured?

Yes, broken bone in his wrist but he's riding with it strapped up.

2 hours ago, foamfence said:

Yes, broken bone in his wrist but he's riding with it strapped up.

MAXIMUM for Glasgow, top scored for KL last week. He is the outstanding rider in the CL and almost all of the British Finalists ride there too. Given his knowledge of the NSS, quite fancy his chances.

• Like 1

I quite fancy Cook for this too but only because Lambert and Bewley aren't at 100% fitness. If those two were fully fit it would be between them I think as they're in front of Cook in terms of natural ability...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

MAXIMUM for Glasgow, top scored for KL last week. He is the outstanding rider in the CL and almost all of the British Finalists ride there too. Given his knowledge of the NSS, quite fancy his chances.

So many things about this post that make me sad.

You are right. His own form, injuries and the quality of the field will ensure he is there about.

But christ how far the British champion standard has fallen.

• Like 1

With the weather being so wet over the weekend, it might make the track heavier than normal and that might favour someone like King again. Schlein has a chance being a fast-gater, but you'd have to go with a top 3 of Cook, Lambert, Bewley and then its wide open for 4th. Could be a brilliant meeting with a few surprises!