British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

British final Belle Vue Monday July 29th live on BT Sport

5 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Nothing against riders like Simon Lambert or Josh Auty but wouldn't it be better for the future generation to let riders like Bickley or Kemp take the places of the injured riders to give them much needed experience.  

No

1 hour ago, ChrisSimpson said:

Any online betting for this? I fancy Cook if he’s good odds?

Ladbrokes offering a market

5 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

And mostly double up which makes them lower level riders in my eyes. 

Can't be ' lower level ' if they ride in the ' highest level ' add that to the possibility that some of those riders ' double DOWN' then it is what it is ( to use Tai's favourite phrase).

Its the best we can provide!

Just now, Fortythirtyeight said:

Can't be ' lower level ' if they ride in the ' highest level ' add that to the possibility that some of those riders ' double DOWN' then it is what it is ( to use Tai's favourite phrase).

Its the best we can provide!

Depends on your definition of who double downs and who double ups!

If they aren’t good enough to give up the 2nd tier then thats their level still as far as I’m concerned.

Id agree it’s nearly the best we can offer except the likes of Howarth missing and Simon Lambert present means that it isn’t the best tho.

13 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

On that basis then the premiership is ' lower level ' but it's still the top level in Britain so it's the ' higher level ' isn't it?

The gap between the 2 leagues is smaller than ever. Frankly they are both of a poor standard. It is the higher level in name only, and I think that is the point Steve is trying to make.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Depends on your definition of who double downs and who double ups!

If they aren’t good enough to give up the 2nd tier then thats their level still as far as I’m concerned.

Id agree it’s nearly the best we can offer except the likes of Howarth missing and Simon Lambert present means that it isn’t the best tho.

Lambert won’t score a point. Really unfortunate what happened to Kyle in the semi.

Danny Ayres has been in sparkling form, yesterday discounted, and appears to have moved on a level this season so it’s nice to see him in the event. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

I know the line up looks gash but the quality of racing maybe ok 

Indeed and that is the only reason I’m going, despite all the negativity around the actual quality of the field is most definitely very well balanced and on this track, that generally equates to top quality racing. 

All the noise left out, in terms of an actual motorsport spectacle I am really looking forward to it.

Edited by acef

People are critical of the line-up, Rightly so. But i think it will be a night of exciting racing. I will be glued. The weather here in the North-West is fine now. Dont know why i was worried.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, acef said:

The gap between the 2 leagues is smaller than ever. Frankly they are both of a poor standard. It is the higher level in name only, and I think that is the point Steve is trying to make.

Yes mostly. Fully agree the gap is growing ever smaller between both leagues although a top flight team will always win in a one on one battle against a CL team. There have been very few exemptions of that not being true. 

9 minutes ago, acef said:

Lambert won’t score a point. Really unfortunate what happened to Kyle in the semi.

Danny Ayres has been in sparkling form, yesterday discounted, and appears to have moved on a level this season so it’s nice to see him in the event. 

Ayres, plus also Ellis Perks seem to have had a breakthru season this year and will relish being part of a National final.

The only plus side of this meeting is that it is at the NSS so racing should be good. 

• Like 1

As long as Rory The Roo Boy gets nowhere near the podium I’ll be happy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Looking like a decent crowd on the planner. I'd say grandstand is about 70% sold, plus whatever walk up sales we get so at least 2k in there, and probably another 1k on the back straight.

With a bit of good fortune we may break the 3k mark tonight which will look much better on the tv!

3 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

With Robert Lambert out through injury and both Cook and Bewley carrying an injury, it will be a very open British Final. But the lineup now very accurately reflects Tai Woffinden's point that " the gulf's too wide" in terms of class, between the British League and the world stage. An incredible gulf!

2 /15pt maximums since injury suggests that not will stop him.

Even at those odds, the bookie is being very kind to Newman, S. Lambert and Ayres.