British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ruckerroo

eagles v rebels sat 27 july

weather permitting these 2 meet at Arlo sat night.

The rebs were dreadful last time round but I feel this will be a close affair.

bar r/r for the unwell wood I think its full strength for both sides

top end for both look strong and the reserves are all roughly the same standard

if somerset turn up with the intention of having a pop this could be v tight

I agree this will be much closer than last time.Looking forward to some great racing.

Have you seen the latest great idea from the Eagles? They know have their own Met Office weather forecaster. They have published this morning a proper forecast on their website. Well done again Eagles. Gets better all the time.

Showing the rest of speedway the way when it comes to properly communicating with the fans.

Glad they are not relying on the dear old BBC for their weather forecasts. About 12/18 months ago, the BBC ditched the Met Office and went for a private company for the forecasts. Sad to say, the quality on the BBC is not what it was, in my opinion, and tends to be unreliable, even in the very short-term.

We just need the predicted band of rain to move East a little. To get a call off after a fortnights break would be typical.

Surprised it hasn’t been mentioned but Grobauer has quit riding for Somerset meaning R/R comes into operation for him. Ben Barker guests for Covatti too.

18 hours ago, cityrebel said:

We just need the predicted band of rain to move East a little. To get a call off after a fortnights break would be typical.

It is moving east, so all will be OK. 

Eastbourne have confirmed it's on and the track is raceable.

Great news---track should be super. Rain beats the water cart every time when it comes to track prep.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Eastbourne have confirmed it's on and the track is raceable.

Great news---track should be super. Rain beats the water cart every time when it comes to track prep.

Could be a tight one this, R/R for Georgie made us stronger away but we will be a lot poorer at home without him. Charlie Brooks at 8?

17 minutes ago, M.D said:

Could be a tight one this, R/R for Georgie made us stronger away but we will be a lot poorer at home without him. Charlie Brooks at 8?

Brooksie at 8 is what the club website says. I doubt he will get an outing unless we are well clear by the end of ht9. Will give him the experience of being in the pits for a Championship match, which will be good for him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Brooksie at 8 is what the club website says. I doubt he will get an outing unless we are well clear by the end of ht9. Will give him the experience of being in the pits for a Championship match, which will be good for him.

Yeah, I would imagine he will be a squad rider if things are consistent with the leagues next season..

Eastie just squeaked home in a tight match , racing was moderate tho, never too much between the sides, bowtell makes me shut my eyes watching him at arlo tbh. Rowe rode the white line well like he does.

im a bit dissapointed in newman , hes thieving points beating reserves and not much else .

stayed dry tho and crowd saw a tight match

A lot of positives to come out of this from Eastbourne.

3 league points in a narrow victory in a match which swung both ways

• Lawson and Kerr delivering when the chips were down
  • An excellent crowd who saw some decent speedway racing
  • Lots of new kids through the community scheme -- as I walked out the children were buzzing.

But, strange as it may seem, the "person" of the day is the Eastbourne weather forecaster.

The club has engaged a real expert who forecast conditions at Eastbourne hour by hour. Frankly he/she were on the money.

It meant Eastbourne could say on their website and social media when the rain would stop and that it might be raining out east when it was fine at Arlington.

Money well spent, in my view.

Eastbourne ran tonight when no other club in the UK did - and that's because Eastbourne knew exactly what  a slow moving band of rain was going to do.

The big thing from the fans point of view is that for matches at Arlington they can rely on an expert forecast, tailored exactly for where the speedway is, rather than relying on our phone weather apps which are notoriously unreliable. My phone app said it was going to rain until 9pm in Hailsham. I watched speedway in a t-shirt and got home without any rain. T-shirt totally dry, other than the spilt lager [I wasn't driving].

It makes you wonder why Speedway as a whole in the UK does not get these detailed bespoke forecasts for tracks.

On the basis of today, you could go ahead or call off with confidence --rather than guesswork or a promoter's whim.

We have seen tonight that when Eastbourne says it is good to go that it really is.

How wonderful. But then, Eastbourne Speedway does not conform to the 'norms' which have blighted our sport for decades. 

With every turn of the wheel, Eastbourne show how they regard the fans and how communication should be done.

• Like 1

Guest Loose Diamond
On 7/26/2019 at 8:15 PM, Najjer said:

Surprised it hasn’t been mentioned but Grobauer has quit riding for Somerset meaning R/R comes into operation for him. Ben Barker guests for Covatti too.

Question for anyone... Again." How can a team use R/R for a rider who has quit riding!!??" No wonder speedway cannot attract new supporters with bizarre rule. One of many.

4 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Question for anyone... Again." How can a team use R/R for a rider who has quit riding!!??" No wonder speedway cannot attract new supporters with bizarre rule. One of many.

Because he's withholding his services.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Somerset will claim that Grobauer is with holding his services so he will automatically receive a 28 day ban, for that reason Somerset can cover his a sense with good old R/R.

• Like 1