British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ruckerroo

eagles v rebels sat 27 july

6 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Question for anyone... Again." How can a team use R/R for a rider who has quit riding!!??" No wonder speedway cannot attract new supporters with bizarre rule. One of many.

In much the same way as Newcastle used a facility for Lewis Rose in May last year after the rider retired.

Guest Loose Diamond
52 minutes ago, arnieg said:

In much the same way as Newcastle used a facility for Lewis Rose in May last year after the rider retired.

Still a stupid rule.

1 hour ago, Loose Diamond said:

Still a stupid rule.

What’s the alternative? 

• Like 1

Guest Loose Diamond
2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

What’s the alternative? 

Bring another rider in? It's the same as The National League using R/R. Is  there no other riders to come into teams in this league if one gets injured? National League used to be a league to bring youngsters on but now seems to very competitive league now. Not what it began as. Buxton is a case in point. Got too expensive for them too compete. 

4 hours ago, arnieg said:

Still a stupid rule.

In sure they will bring another rider in but you can’t expect them to do it in two or three days before the next fixture! 

16 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

Eastie just squeaked home in a tight match , racing was moderate tho, never too much between the sides, bowtell makes me shut my eyes watching him at arlo tbh. Rowe rode the white line well like he does.

im a bit dissapointed in newman , hes thieving points beating reserves and not much else .

stayed dry tho and crowd saw a tight match

Re: Alfie, It was exactly the same for us at Lakeside lol

The kid is a plucky trier but has such an awkward style and looks like he and the bike could part company at any moment.

1 hour ago, marko said:

Re: Alfie, It was exactly the same for us at Lakeside lol

The kid is a plucky trier but has such an awkward style and looks like he and the bike could part company at any moment.

I don't think Tai is particularly worried about his number one British status at this moment...

If I had the money I would pay for Alfie to be trained by a small track expert. Alfie is ok on bigger tracks but he doesn’t turn hard enough to properly back the bike in at Arlington.

Alfie is a very detirmined rider with little ability to turn a speedway bike on anything other than large tracks,, he gates well but if he gets inside another rider there are to many occasions were he makes uncontrolled contact and as such could be considered by some as dangerous ,potentially injuring another rider or indeed himself...We will see in the long run if that happens or he eventually becomes more controlled and a decent rider.....

• Like 2

On 7/28/2019 at 7:31 PM, Richard Weston said:

If I had the money I would pay for Alfie to be trained by a small track expert. Alfie is ok on bigger tracks but he doesn’t turn hard enough to properly back the bike in at Arlington.

You would imagine a few sessions with Martin Dugard would go a long way, unless that has already happened. I remember last season Charlie Brooks couldn't get round bends 3/4 without hitting the air fence and seem to remember Martin giving him some good advice to move him on. Different level I know, but some tuition by the master of Arlington could only help one would have thought. 

Alfie reminds me of when Karl Fiala first ride at Rye House all those years ago.

He was a sand track racer and couldn’t turn very well on Rye tight turns.

It took many seasons and Colin Pratt’s coaching to turn him into a top rider who retired far too early.

Alfie won’t get that sort of loyalty these days but he’s still only 22 and the potential is definitely there.

You would have a job telling youngsters any thing these days..........They know it all......

1 hour ago, gazzac said:

You would imagine a few sessions with Martin Dugard would go a long way, unless that has already happened. I remember last season Charlie Brooks couldn't get round bends 3/4 without hitting the air fence and seem to remember Martin giving him some good advice to move him on. Different level I know, but some tuition by the master of Arlington could only help one would have thought. 

A Master class for Alfie is a great idea, Sooner the better. Martin D can teach him how to ride Arlo/small tracks like no other. Hope Eastbourne take the hint sooner rather than later.

In fairness to Bowtell he went under Kurtz on turn 3 the other day and didn’t make contact and not many people can go that tight into turn 3! I’ve only seen cook and Nicholls to it to Kennett so far this year 

12 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

In fairness to Bowtell he went under Kurtz on turn 3 the other day and didn’t make contact and not many people can go that tight into turn 3! I’ve only seen cook and Nicholls to it to Kennett so far this year 

Fair point.