British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jenga

G. tigers V L .lions . Friday 26th July ..SOMEWHERE AROUND 7.30 ISH

hi  . i cannot see a thread for this meeting . so its tonight , i case you didnt know .. are the tigers getting lazy and will the lions do one on them    .Harris brings his lawn mower to Ashfield  because he heard the grass wants cut on the centre green .

so come on folks , lets have a few COMmEnTs on here . maybe the spiel machine has broken down @ Glasgow ? ........  its time to fill those empty seats ..

11 minutes ago, jenga said:

hi  . i cannot see a thread for this meeting . so its tonight , i case you didnt know .. are the tigers getting lazy and will the lions do one on them    .Harris brings his lawn mower to Ashfield  because he heard the grass wants cut on the centre green .

so come on folks , lets have a few COMmEnTs on here . maybe the spiel machine has broken down @ Glasgow ? ........  its time to fill those empty seats ..

Spot on jenga, love your posts, you certainly put the P in PR. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looking forward to this one.........get the starting gate ripped up at the beginning and not late on like last week. Harris has had some mares of late, but I wouldn't count on him doing badly tonight. Leicester have a fairly good top three and a strong reserve in Mountain so we need to be on it. Can someone please tell Lawlor he can vape on the second bend......lol

Clash of the CL Titans this and should be a classic both in Glasgow and Leicester.

Both sides have slipped a little I think, Leicester more obviously due to injuries and Glasgow I think as they need Vissing to ride like a Heat Leader more regularly and Bickley to be more consistent especially away where sometimes he rides like a novice.

Hard to call and as Stuart Dickson has pointed out / started the mind games, Somerset and Eastbourne (both of whom have possibly better top 3's than Glasgow or as least as good) have gone very close there in recent weeks.

The track at Glasgow is fantastic and should be a great meeting. 

1 minute ago, HGould said:

Clash of the CL Titans this and should be a classic both in Glasgow and Leicester.

Both sides have slipped a little I think, Leicester more obviously due to injuries and Glasgow I think as they need Vissing to ride like a Heat Leader more regularly and Bickley to be more consistent especially away where sometimes he rides like a novice.

Hard to call and as Stuart Dickson has pointed out / started the mind games, Somerset and Eastbourne (both of whom have possibly better top 3's than Glasgow or as least as good) have gone very close there in recent weeks.

The track at Glasgow is fantastic and should be a great meeting. 

Tigers need Sarjeant to get some points.No heat advantages when Cook wins his races is telling.Its only keeping Tigers in the match.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Tigers need Sarjeant to get some points.No heat advantages when Cook wins his races is telling.Its only keeping Tigers in the match.

wonder is Sargeant is on his last legs there and changes must be being considered you'd think?

1 hour ago, HGould said:

wonder is Sargeant is on his last legs there and changes must be being considered you'd think?

i think sarg will see the season out @ Glasgow . he can be a trump card on certain weeks , both   home and away . hope he does not break too many hearts in the world     of speedway !

there has been some very good  close meetings @ Glasgow this season . look forward to the DVD on this one ! ! !   LOL..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Don't see any available direct replacement for Sargeant on his 4.61 average and I can't see them dropping anyone else to allow changes. He should be able to get back to grasping a few points here and there.......soon, I hope. 

(.......oh, and I wish he'd stop revving his bike like a boy racer before approaching the tapes.....lol)

Should be another cracker , as a neutral I did debate whether to travel up for this one , but will wait and see if they both get in the playoffs after my hols B) not sure which way it will go, Sargeant needs to up his game and Connor Mountain a trump at reserve but reckon Glasgow will just pull it off

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HGould said:

Bringing back Sarjeant is coming home to roost as this is what you get from him. He's easy to mask in a strong team but at this point we arent as strong and need him to score points. We had the choice to make at the end of last year to retain Sarj or Nathan Greaves. I'll leave it there.

• Like 2

Glasgow were a wee bit fortunate tonight and some dubious tight finishes swung it our way. Good entertainment again tonight with several decent races. Leicester played there part and Connor mountain and Ryan Douglas especially looked very comfortable around Ashfield. 

Edited by highroad119

5 minutes ago, highroad119 said:

Glasgow were a wee bit fortunate tonight and some dubious tight finishes swung it our way. Good entertainment again tonight with several decent races. Leicester played there part and Connor mountain and Ryan Douglas especially looked very comfortable around Ashfield. 

Let me guess where the ref was from.......

• Haha 1

No2 is by far the hardest position to cover in this league, perks seems above average in that position. Lots of sides basically have a nl heat leader at 2, sargeant should be doing way better 

Another decent meeting finishing with another superb ht15. Despite Glasgow winning 12 of the 15 heats we picked up 10 last places where Leicester were consistently picking up points largely through super reserve Connor Mountain. With Bailey (blameless) and Sarjeant failing to score that put unnecessary pressure elsewhere on the team. It really is time to replace Sarj if there is a better option available, he is woeful and wasnt even ready in ht10 when the tapes went up despite arriving at the gate in plenty time. 

For Leicester they can look to Lawlor for failing to get a league point in trying to round Starke in ht3 and taking a bounce off the b2 fence when he should have sat in for the point. Ht7 was absolute poetry as Harris did the old look down at the engine on lap 2 of his ineffective TS ride, when making no ground on Jensen. Good to see it wasnt just us he pulled that s*it with.

On to tomorrow it could be a long night for us at LEI.

2 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

No2 is by far the hardest position to cover in this league, perks seems above average in that position. Lots of sides basically have a nl heat leader at 2, sargeant should be doing way better 

We know, and especially at home.