British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jenga

G. tigers V L .lions . Friday 26th July ..SOMEWHERE AROUND 7.30 ISH

Another enjoyable night culminating in heat 15 which was another belter , it was even better than Tuesday's cracker which i didn't think was possible.

But we are there for the taking due to only having four riders contributing. Bickley is at least scoring some points and Bailey you can understand him struggling but shows promise.

And on to the enigma that is Sarj he hasn't scored a point since becoming a proud father,  but in order to be more convincing he needs to up his game considerably bottom line we cant continue to carry passengers we have got away with it twice in a week , we won't continue to get away with it , some tough decisions may have to be taken if his dip in form continues.

5 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Another enjoyable night culminating in heat 15 which was another belter , it was even better than Tuesday's cracker which i didn't think was possible.

But we are there for the taking due to only having four riders contributing. Bickley is at least scoring some points and Bailey you can understand him struggling but shows promise.

And on to the enigma that is Sarj he hasn't scored a point since becoming a proud father,  but in order to be more convincing he needs to up his game considerably bottom line we cant continue to carry passengers we have got away with it twice in a week , we won't continue to get away with it , some tough decisions may have to be taken if his dip in form continues.

I know it’s harsh but Bickley should be more consistent, but the main problem is Sarjeant.You certainly can’t carry 3 riders.

Just now, Fromafar said:

I know it’s harsh but Bickley should be more consistent, but the main problem is Sarjeant.You certainly can’t carry 3 riders.

Totally agree and that is why decisions will have to be taken as it cannot continue Sarj should be scoring 5 or 6 at home but tonight he was woeful.

Kyle has performed way above what we expected and it is understandable to expect inconsistency at some point.

Probably a season too early for Bailey but we are were we are due to fitting Cook in on his average.

4 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Totally agree and that is why decisions will have to be taken as it cannot continue Sarj should be scoring 5 or 6 at home but tonight he was woeful.

Kyle has performed way above what we expected and it is understandable to expect inconsistency at some point.

Probably a season too early for Bailey but we are were we are due to fitting Cook in on his average.

Kyle is still young ,but he had a full season last year ,he is stylish but slow and doesn’t like it till track slickens off.I like the look of Bailey but it’s next season for him to make progress.Imo Cooks average is going to be even more of a problem next season the way he is going.

Edited by Fromafar

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Kyle is still young ,but he had a full season last year ,he is stylish but slow and doesn’t like it till track slickens off.I like the look of Bailey but it’s next season for him to make progress.Imo Cooks average is going to be even more of a problem next season the way he is going.

Surely they can't continue with the stupid 38.5 team limit next season, it was madness this season it would be the same next with a huge dose of stupidity thrown in for good measure.

Most riders will have inflated false averages because of it , common sense surely takes over and they see sense but will they ?.

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Surely they can't continue with the stupid 38.5 team limit next season, it was madness this season it would be the same next with a huge dose of stupidity thrown in for good measure.

Most riders will have inflated false averages because of it , common sense surely takes over and they see sense but will they ?.

Common sense and BSPA your kidding.:rolleyes:

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

To be fair to Bickley he was mainly up against Connor Mountain who has a few years experience ahead of him. I agree about lack of consistency, he needs more speed and aggression when he moves off the white line. He has the style to carry it off just needs a shove however if there was a time to be under pressure this is it.

With new averages out on Thursday we need to see where we are with Sarjeant. This is the way he is, we cant act all surprised when history is constantly repeated. Redcar will be another serious challenge next week.

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Agree Gazc. 38.5 too low. Boils dow to who has best 2 / 3 pointers. We see riders who bearly  hold their own in NL struggling at reserve in div 2.

55 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Agree Gazc. 38.5 too low. Boils dow to who has best 2 / 3 pointers. We see riders who bearly  hold their own in NL struggling at reserve in div 2.

These young riders are being thrown under a bus given team places due to the team limit and some are walking away because of it .

Young Lawlor looked ok at times tonight but then was rarely seen after his fall.

Must have been given an extended fag break in between the 8 heats he was missing.

Seriously though another example of a young rider who has potential but is being used in this league not because he is ready but because of the crazy team limit.

Really enjoyed last night it was a cracker. Think we are getting spoiled with some of the racing and despite not firing on all cylinders we are still unbeaten at home. Sarj is a real worry and surprised he got all 4 rides. Young Connor was given all the hard rides at reserve but never gave up and was never far behind. As for the Lions Perks and Mountain looked good and Harris scored more than Worrall would have got. Douglas after his exclusion got better and better whilst nichols tried hard but couldn't handle the speed of cookie and Rasmus, both unbelievable. And well done to the track staff for preparing a fair track despite the heat of the passed few days. 

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Like 1

Is the limit crazy ?

Teams in this league need to cut their cloth accordingly.

Should Cook, Masters, Worrall, Schlein etc be allowed in this league

Strengthen up the premiership and create this championship to a level where no one over 7.50 is in this league.

Then let teams race in the league that suits them 

Do not have a team total in top league as money ( lack of ) will prevent it getting too strong.

Joe Lawlor et al will develop but no body gains from a personal or a sport or a spectator point of view of a meeting in which the number 1s race against the 5th to 7th average rider in a team.

drastic but speedway is broken in all countries and someone needs to change direction and fast

• Like 2

As good as last night was I still think we will see better from the track when there's a bit more dirt on it when there's no threat of rain. Several riders seemed to struggle with visibility last night. Scott Nicholas wiping visor mid bend is unusual to see. 

i did mention the average limit ages ago , but scott nicholls and his legal team blew all that away when he came into the 2nd tier league . its up to clubs to stop signing big names on big money and end up with cash for themselves and for their club . i agree that some riders should not be anywhere near the championship league . i had a mate once who was overqualified for a job he was going for . he did not get it .... this is also the case for Nicholls , harris , schlien and many others who ride in both leagues i .  read that glasgow fans are asking for kyle to be replaced , who the foo  k with ?  i think the limit should be 7.50/8.00 max average  . if riders want to earn more they need to go premier league and STAY there . 

its not the riders killing the clubs off , its the promoters killing their own clubs off . 

they only have theme selves to blame . the price of entry for the product has reached and prob surpassed its max admission money . speedway next year , i would not bet on it !

1 minute ago, jenga said:

i did mention the average limit ages ago , but scott nicholls and his legal team blew all that away when he came into the 2nd tier league . its up to clubs to stop signing big names on big money and end up with cash for themselves and for their club . i agree that some riders should not be anywhere near the championship league . i had a mate once who was overqualified for a job he was going for . he did not get it .... this is also the case for Nicholls , harris , schlien and many others who ride in both leagues i .  read that glasgow fans are asking for kyle to be replaced , who the foo  k with ?  i think the limit should be 7.50/8.00 max average  . if riders want to earn more they need to go premier league and STAY there . 

its not the riders killing the clubs off , its the promoters killing their own clubs off . 

they only have theme selves to blame . the price of entry for the product has reached and prob surpassed its max admission money . speedway next year , i would not bet on it !

I don’t see Glasgow fans asking for Kyle to be replaced:blink:

not so much as asking ,but saying he was slow and needs more aggression in his riding . he is just a kid on the speedway ladder hoping to make it .

(soz . wrong choice of words )