British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
porkypotter

POTTERS V BV COLTS 27, 07

so the potters entertain the belle vue colts on Saturday night. not sure who is riding as the potters website is not downloading at present. young corbin Pavitt has given up his place in the team so the potters were looking out for a replacement. just hope it is not William O,Keefe who I am sure is a nice lad but cant appear to make any progress in the sport. maybe it is time for paul burnett to come back after his broken leg. he is a good middle order rider who always bags a few points or maybe try a young up and coming rider who wants the chance to try their hand a league racing. whoever it is good luck to them and all the riders and lets hope for a good close match and a win for the potters of course.

Managed to get on the Stoke site and grabbed the below:

STOKE: Drew Kemp, Shelby Rutherford, David Wallinger, Luke Priest (Captain), Connor Coles, Kieran Douglas, Joe Alcock, Team Manager: Adam Isherwood
BELLE VUE: Jordan Palin, Danny Phillips, Leon Flint (Captain), Ben Rathbone, Jack Smith, Joe Thompson, Ben Woodhull, Team Managers: Steve Williams / Graham Goodwin

Glad to see Kieran Douglas get a run out and will be interesting to see how he fares as his development league average is strong although limited track time may hamper him?

Guests for both sides add an unfamiliar feel but the Potters will have to be on the top of their game to take something from this one i feel.

"The Potters have drafted in Kent’s Drew Kemp as a replacement for injured skipper Tom Perry who has been told to rest after hurting his back in the defeat at Kent on Monday" ......must have acted swiftly to book a last minute deal. In all fairness its a stupid rule and is being abused and fans lied to anyway so might as well ditch it and let the truth be known. 

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Managed to get on the Stoke site and grabbed the below:

STOKE: Drew Kemp, Shelby Rutherford, David Wallinger, Luke Priest (Captain), Connor Coles, Kieran Douglas, Joe Alcock, Team Manager: Adam Isherwood
BELLE VUE: Jordan Palin, Danny Phillips, Leon Flint (Captain), Ben Rathbone, Jack Smith, Joe Thompson, Ben Woodhull, Team Managers: Steve Williams / Graham Goodwin

Glad to see Kieran Douglas get a run out and will be interesting to see how he fares as his development league average is strong although limited track time may hamper him?

Guests for both sides add an unfamiliar feel but the Potters will have to be on the top of their game to take something from this one i feel.

chuff me sings. david wallinger must be the busiest man in uk speedway at present. I think he has ridden most days this week for one team or another. not come across young douglas as yet but good luck to him. with perry and Lawlor missing and luke priest just back from injury it is anyones guess who will win. come on the potters.

3 minutes ago, porkypotter said:

chuff me sings. david wallinger must be the busiest man in uk speedway at present. I think he has ridden most days this week for one team or another. not come across young douglas as yet but good luck to him. with perry and Lawlor missing and luke priest just back from injury it is anyones guess who will win. come on the potters.

I know its quite staggering as Wally has limited holiday leave from work and cannot get to Plymouth for league matches but can guest for all and sundry plus take up a team place with Brum. I think im so aghast with the situation im just not going to bother anymore.

Looking forward to this one, looking at the line ups I think it will be nip and tuck, hopefully no thunder storms and a win for the Colts.

13 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Looking forward to this one, looking at the line ups I think it will be nip and tuck, hopefully no thunder storms and a win for the Colts.

eh steady on now. we let you win at your place so now you are in for a good spanking (we hope). a lot depends on our second strings and reserves. if they can nick a few points and stay on the bike then we are in with a shout. anyway come and enjoy a good evening in sunny stoke on trent and good luck to all the lads on both sides.

• Like 1

Think our Colts will win this quite easily. If it was a earlier start i would have come to it. I feel awful that i have not got to a single Colts meeting this season.

Weather forecast is showing light rain, let's hope its all OK. 

2 hours ago, bellevueace said:

Weather forecast is showing light rain, let's hope its all OK. 

Light rain?    It shows it hammering down from 12pm to 5pm.   It's raining heavily now.   Don't see any chance of it being on.

Can Stoke use Joe Lawler now that Leicester is off.