British Speedway Forum
Fortythirtyeight

Fans Survey---( at Redcar) what do you think?

Despite the meeting at Redcar being rained off this evening it wasn't a totally wasted 2 hour journey.

I was handed a survey/ questionnaire on the sport which shows that some one / promoter ? does care what the fans think. (Something we tried at other tracks in past seasons)

This site won't let me down load a photo ( too large?)  so I'll type it out on here as I was only just discussing these surveys on another thread.

Are you a Bears supporter?

Are you a visiting supporter?

Is this your first speedway meeting?

Is this your first season?

How many years have you been a speedway supporter

Where did you first hear about speedway?  Tv, radio, from a friend, poster,.

Have you seen a Bears poster at your workplace?

What, if anything, could be done to improve your experience at a speedway meeting?

Each completed form was to be entered into a prize draw if details supplied.

Just goes to show someone out there is trying to listen.

Well done Redcar Speedway.

Edited by Fortythirtyeight
Clarity
  • Like 6

Good to see someone is seeking feedback however, getting answers from those who go is only one small part of an engagement plan..

And is gleaning info from the converted in essence..

Maybe doing a survey in Redcar town centre might render more useful results? (If Redcar has a town centre as I haven't a clue)..

Those who get asked have you been? And reply No.  And those who get asked why do you not attend if you used to? And reply with their reasons. Are the key target market for any promotion to grow the business..

Getting the newbies in and the ex regulars to go back has to be the objective of any research findings..

Finding those people is the key to its success, not "why are you here and how did you hear about us?" Because ultimately, whilst it gains feedback as to the success level of your marketing plan, they are already watching the sport..

And when you do find potential newbies or ex regulars during your research, then provide that group with targeted incentives for survey completion..

As I say, fair play for a promotion for giving it a go. 

Hope it delivers some clear pathway to improved crowds...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

Good luck with this Survey.

At least the Promotion at Redcar are trying something.

I wish them every success.

• Like 1

I seem to recall that a survey amongst fans was carried out at Cowley many years ago now...nothing came of it however!

One time Oxford Promoter, Steve Purchase, used to walk around the terraces making him self available for comments which was admirable. He bacame very dis-illusioned about the sport I remember. Nice bloke!

Edited by steve roberts

This thread has had 375 ' views ' yet only 3 responses. No wonder the sport is in such a mess as it appears people are quite happy to moan on here but can't be bothered to put some constructive input on here when there is an opportunity to feedback to a promotion that appears interested in what the fans have to say.

whilst the questions are aimed at Redcar fans in this instance it can be used at any track in the country. Have you say and I will submit to them ( the organisers of the survey )on your behalf .

Nows your chance!

At least Redcar are putting in a bit of effort and trying to keep the fans they have.

Perhaps a questionnaire could be sent out to all the fans who have stopped attending and find those reasons - and I don't mean just Redcar here? 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 9:38 PM, mikebv said:

Maybe doing a survey in Redcar town centre might render more useful results? (If Redcar has a town centre as I haven't a clue)..

Redcar does, of course, have a town centre. Mind you, the track is on the eastern edge of Middlesbrough. It's 'Redcar' in name only (a political thing). Be better off conducting a survey in central Middlesbrough.