Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

6 minutes ago, emilali said:

Only Berwick would sign Bickley who openly admitted in an interview before a meeting at Berwick last year that he didnt like the track as it was impossible to pass on. If he was really any good Glasgow would have chucked money at him again, impressive work. I’m sure everyone will be in a frantic rush to get their season tickets purchased to watch that 7 every week.

Bickley can't pass on any track so it won't really matter

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, emilali said:

Only Berwick would sign Bickley who openly admitted in an interview before a meeting at Berwick last year that he didnt like the track as it was impossible to pass on. If he was really any good Glasgow would have chucked money at him again, impressive work. I’m sure everyone will be in a frantic rush to get their season tickets purchased to watch that 7 every week.

Awful and that’s being kind Danny Gapp should have been let go and possibly Garcia 

20 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

Great team just the sort of side that will re-ignite the passion and desire of the local populas. Are they seriously going to charge £17 for this in 2020?

They’d have to pay me 

2 minutes ago, Tellitasitis said:

They’d have to pay me 

I wouldnt go and watch that even if they pay me. 

• Haha 1

Been hard not to vent my frustrations these past few days about this line up but now that it’s out... w t f are they thinking about???? Garcia and Gappmaier in the main body away from home? Seriously? If we get an away point this season I’ll eat my 2018 season ticket

1. Aaron Summers

2. Fernando Garcia

3. Danny Gappmaier

4. Jye Etheridge

5. Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen

6. Kyle Bickley

7. Leon Flint

Hmmm, nice to see some young, local Brits at reserve... But I don't think I'll bother going to Berwick as a neutral next season... Like I have done the last few years... At least the wooden spoon is already sorted :D Looks weaker than last years team, even with the increased average limit... Maybe I'm just being harsh, prove me wrong... At least Summers and NBJ are ok...

Edited by Dandelion

Just now, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Been hard not to vent my frustrations these past few days about this line up but now that it’s out... w t f are they thinking about???? Garcia and Gappmaier in the main body away from home? Seriously? If we get an away point this season I’ll eat my 2018 season ticket

Obviously Shorty and Tommy will be over the moon with the 1-7 but realistically whats even the point in entering a team if you are going to put a team like that out. Why not just go into the National league? 

i would imagine the team has been built to a budget to try and keep the club financially viable.If the post on the Glasgow thread is true that they lost £100k again this season then good luck to them and others in a completely different world to Berwick and other teams with less wealthy backers.I would doubt if Berwick would survive with losses a fraction of that.The team had to lose points  somewhere from this season to get down to the 41 point limit and it probably avoided wholesale changes with Kevin stepping down.I agree it doesn't look the strongest team but neither did this year's and they did ok.Cook also hates the Berwick track but does ok on it  and although totally different quality riders you can't write off Bickley because he said he didn't like the track.I'm not defending the promotion as being faultless but in the real world you cut your cloth to fit the situation.In any case if if any rider is underperforming in a meeting he can always take a "comfort break" and Mr.Doolan can put on his kevlars and helmet if he's in the pits.Nobody would know.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, alang said:

i would imagine the team has been built to a budget to try and keep the club financially viable.If the post on the Glasgow thread is true that they lost £100k again this season then good luck to them and others in a completely different world to Berwick and other teams with less wealthy backers.I would doubt if Berwick would survive with losses a fraction of that.The team had to lose points  somewhere from this season to get down to the 41 point limit and it probably avoided wholesale changes with Kevin stepping down.I agree it doesn't look the strongest team but neither did this year's and they did ok.Cook also hates the Berwick track but does ok on it  and although totally different quality riders you can't write off Bickley because he said he didn't like the track.I'm not defending the promotion as being faultless but in the real world you cut your cloth to fit the situation.In any case if if any rider is underperforming in a meeting he can always take a "comfort break" and Mr.Doolan can put on his kevlars and helmet if he's in the pits.Nobody would know.

They’ve had reasonable offers to sell and turned them down... so not an excuse imo, if you’re losing money, sell it whilst you can? The team is over a point under the limit for goodness sake?

Berwick`s weakness over the last couple of seasons has been the lack of an out and out No1 who can win the majority of his rides both home and away especially in crucial Hts 13 & 15, Aaron Summers, NB Jacobsen are both capable riders but are not Championship No1`s. That weakness still remains and I am surprised the club haven't addressed that when putting this team together. 

no chance with that team free to a good home a season ticket that was a waste of cash

5 minutes ago, screm said:

Berwick`s weakness over the last couple of seasons has been the lack of an out and out No1 who can win the majority of his rides both home and away especially in crucial Hts 13 & 15, Aaron Summers, NB Jacobsen are both capable riders but are not Championship No1`s. That weakness still remains and I am surprised the club haven't addressed that when putting this team together. 

We could survive with the pair of them at 1&5 if we had 3 strong riders backing up, which we could of had... As Bickley and Leon at reserve are more than capable

6 minutes ago, screm said:

They have tried in the past with Eddie Kennett and Nick Morris in the past... But it just never seems to work out for them for some reason... Maybe they need to tempt a certain Frenchman back... Think he'd tear this league apart now... Is there a reason he doesn't do Championship anymore?

4 minutes ago, bjcol said:

no chance with that team free to a good home a season ticket that was a waste of cash

As season ticket details don't come out until Wednesday that's as big a bunch of rubbish as your Doolan signing the other day.

What happened to that ?0

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

They have tried in the past with Eddie Kennett and Nick Morris in the past... But it just never seems to work out for them for some reason... Maybe they need to tempt a certain Frenchman back... Think he'd tear this league apart now... Is there a reason he doesn't do Championship anymore?

Bellego did the European Champs last season and every meeting was on a Saturday, add to that qualifiers etc and Bellego racing for a Saturday track is a non starter.