British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

They have tried in the past with Eddie Kennett and Nick Morris in the past... But it just never seems to work out for them for some reason... Maybe they need to tempt a certain Frenchman back... Think he'd tear this league apart now... Is there a reason he doesn't do Championship anymore?

Polonia Bydgoszcz... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, screm said:

Bellego did the European Champs last season and every meeting was on a Saturday, add to that qualifiers etc and Bellego racing for a Saturday track is a non starter.

I see... Was he not available on Saturdays this year then?

Doesn't matter, just seen above he rides in Poland on Saturdays

Edited by Dandelion

16 minutes ago, bjcol said:

rong again gimp

This is the second time you have called me a "gimp", hopefully this time you will leave your post up long enough to the mods can deal with it, and dealt with it it will be.

52 minutes ago, emilali said:

Obviously Shorty and Tommy will be over the moon with the 1-7 but realistically whats even the point in entering a team if you are going to put a team like that out. Why not just go into the National league? 

Must be moving up in the world now that I'm getting called by my Sunday name. What happened to the Muppets and Chuckle Brothers? See you in March for some happy clapping.

10 minutes ago, screm said:

This is the second time you have called me a "gimp", hopefully this time you will leave your post up long enough to the mods can deal with it, and dealt with it it will be.

lolollolvery nice mmmmmmmm

7 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Must be moving up in the world now that I'm getting called by my Sunday name. What happened to the Muppets and Chuckle Brothers? See you in March for some happy clapping.

Whats your view on the 1-7 then?

4 minutes ago, bjcol said:

lolollolvery nice mmmmmmmm

I see you have taken your post down already, thankfully I quoted you just in time.;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bickley for Doolan basically means we are worse of all round. Must admit with the 5  1 draw an earner for them was hoping for a better team than that very disappointing basically a 3 man team no chance of getting in the top 6 think crowds will be down next season, but as a certain person will be saying at least we have speedway. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, emilali said:

Whats your view on the 1-7 then?

Economic reality. The club could go out and put together an expensive team, but then be out of business within a couple of months. I would love nothing more than the club to be in a position where they could attract "big name" riders, but that simply isn't the case. Look no further than Berwick Rangers if you want an example of how sporting clubs in the town are struggling to find investment and sponsorship. Lets see what the season brings before we judge them.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, topsoil said:

Economic reality. The club could go out and put together an expensive team, but then be out of business within a couple of months. I would love nothing more than the club to be in a position where they could attract "big name" riders, but that simply isn't the case. Look no further than Berwick Rangers if you want an example of how sporting clubs in the town are struggling to find investment and sponsorship. Lets see what the season brings before we judge them.  

To be fair I’m not unrealistic enough to expect them to be going out and signing riders like what Glasgow do. However, how can that 1-7 be justified. How can Bickley (3pt reserve) replace Doolan ? The team isnt even built upto the points limit. I am aware they operate on a budget but if thats the case why not just go into the NL and be 1 of the better clubs. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, screm said:

I see you have taken your post down already, thankfully I quoted you just in time.;)

was not  me who took it down but you r still one mmmmmmmm

Going to be interesting to see the season ticket prices essential they get it right. 

Nice to see 2 British juniors at reserve but overall it’s a poor team. I’m not even sure if it’ll hold it’s own at home. 

What was the point in signing THJ at the end of last season if he didn’t cone back for 2020?

I’ve got to be honest and say I’m disappointed. I fully understand they have to work to a budget, but this has the look of a side that will struggle near the bottom of the league table. 

Didn’t expect to see Gappmaier and Garcia back. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

Bickley can't pass on any track so it won't really matter

Remember he's still a young kid... So let's just see how he does next year.. potentially I think he'll put a point on his average so let's get behind the British kids as there the future