British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, soupy said:

Use it or loose it as it is your choice...

The fact of the matter is, people would rather lose it than be forced to tolerate sub standard entertainment and lack of value for money. Why would anybody attend for the sake of it when they aren't happy with what they are watching?

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Col, people are not on the riders backs, they are clearly stating, that line up is not a winning format.  It is not the riders fault they have been signed, it is the club for setting up this line up.

Sorry couldnt find the Conhillian appendix to translate it for you

will give them a chance next season as it might be the last one mmmmmmmmmmm

2 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Could’ve saved some money and ran R/R for a handful of meetings. I thought the point would be for him to get to know the club and track etc ready for a full season. 

But the point was that there was still the opportunity to reach the play-offs and with Aaron Summers also out injured rider-replacement wasn't really an option - especially away from home. Didn't work out in the end but the effort was made. 

1 hour ago, screm said:

From the Berwick fans I have spoken to its fair to say they are underwhelmed by yesterday`s announcement of the last four members of the team and i can see why. For me the biggest mistake was not signing a genuine No1 rider, past lessons should've been learned and previous mistakes not re-run. I get the argument about signing a team within the clubs budget but with new and regular investment coming from the fans I thought a rider to lead the team would've been a priority. Now we have a team where at home we will have in all reality three reserves Bickley, Flint and Garcia while away we will have four Bickley, Flint, Garcia and Gappmaier and no amount of club spin will remedy that.

Couldn't agree more

In all honesty I really do not know what to make of this Team like most I am a bit underwhelmed by it.. But on the other hand we have Etheridge, Jackobsen , Flint , Bickley , all young and hungry to do well so hopefully it might not be as bad as People think . I would rather watch the young lads having a go than a journey man going through the motions...

23 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

They’ve had reasonable offers to sell and turned them down... so not an excuse imo, if you’re losing money, sell it whilst you can? The team is over a point under the limit for goodness sake?

Well it looks like they took their offer down the A1 to BP 

• Like 4

will be interesting to see wot price to watch that team  might have to be less than last year to get bums on seats

1 hour ago, bjcol said:

will be interesting to see wot price to watch that team  might have to be less than last year to get bums on seats

Think you know that the admission fee wont go down. A price freeze is the best you can hope for.

5 hours ago, Fromafar said:

There has always been a bit of hype over Bickley ,he is not living up to it yet, still young though.Better practice his gating skills for next season.

That's a good point. I am unable to remember him making a decent gate at Championship level.

2 hours ago, proud panther said:

Think you know that the admission fee wont go down. A price freeze is the best you can hope for.

With extra fixtures next season , the pricing of the season pass is going to be important can't afford to make it to expensive or they're going  to put people off  purchasing one 

Edited by DSC67
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, fairplay1 said:

In all honesty I really do not know what to make of this Team like most I am a bit underwhelmed by it.. But on the other hand we have Etheridge, Jackobsen , Flint , Bickley , all young and hungry to do well so hopefully it might not be as bad as People think . I would rather watch the young lads having a go than a journey man going through the motions...

It's hard to judge a team at the start of a season on previous averages.  Take 2018 with Workington, Peterborough and Lakeside having 3 of the 4 lowest team starting averages.

Did any of these teams make the play-offs?

• Like 1

Who cares I will be taking my son , who’s loves his speedway , each Saturday night , regardless of what , blow job, hockentwat and emiiali or whatever it calls itself , not speedway folk and never attend , 

• Like 3

For anybody who also said I was wrong, can they now see how next seasons league is weaker than this years? Bickley for Doolan sums that up.

21 minutes ago, Najjer said:

For anybody who also said I was wrong, can they now see how next seasons league is weaker than this years? Bickley for Doolan sums that up.

That's also down to improvement though. Etheridge and Flint both excelled last year and put points on their average. That's why Bickley has been brought in.

• Like 1

You might think it's an underwhelming team but I wish we had it at Workington. It's the team you've got so get behind them or you'll be joining our increasing defunct clubs list. 

• Like 6