British Speedway Forum

13 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

No way will they be going outwards IMO.

Maybe they are making the football pitch smaller, so that the players don't have to run as far.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

Maybe they are making the football pitch smaller, so that the players don't have to run as far.

Giving Berwick`s results this season that may not be a bad thing.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, screm said:

The decision was taking after talks with Berwick Rangers, looks like there is 1m coming off each straight.

http://berwickrangers.com/berwick-speedway/

So. Does anybody know if the width of the football pitch has been reduced this season. i.e. Will they be able to widen the track on the inside of the straights without impacting on the current pitch dimensions. Most semi professional and professional leagues have a minimum and maximum allowed pitch size, but more importantly, they do not allow the pitch size to be altered during the football season.

33 minutes ago, leander said:

So. Does anybody know if the width of the football pitch has been reduced this season. i.e. Will they be able to widen the track on the inside of the straights without impacting on the current pitch dimensions. Most semi professional and professional leagues have a minimum and maximum allowed pitch size, but more importantly, they do not allow the pitch size to be altered during the football season.

I’m sure I got told the lines were closer in but even if they wasn’t, there is a gap between the touchline and start of track anyways I think, I know for sure that Berwick’s pitch was one of the biggest in Scottish football so there was some room to make changes.

2 hours ago, leander said:

Copied and Pasted off the Berwick Rangers website:

The Bandits made a formal request to widen the straights by 1 metre, which of course means narrowing the width of the Shielfield pitch. Currently 64 metres wide, the pitch would reduce to 62 metres, two metres wider than that required for Bronze Club Licence and six metres wider than Entry Licence.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, leander said:

Literally all the info you mentioned is in the article link you ve quoted. :)

Delighted to see that there will be track alterations at Berwick

never been impressed with the track.... I used to do Edinburgh ,Berwick and Glasgow for a weekend away.... Berwick was in the middle of a weekend away.... would not travel to Berwick for a stand alone meeting

When they left Berwick centre and moved into the wilderness they had a brilliant track

Hope they do enough to turn it in to a good track

Edited by Gunner85
  • Like 1

Bad news is that Leon Flint hasnt been re-signed by Belle Vue Colts for their NL team, good news is that Kyle Bickley has. IMO its very important for Leon to race at NL level, maybe there`s a NL home track just up the road for him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, screm said:

Bad news is that Leon Flint hasnt been re-signed by Belle Vue Colts for their NL team, good news is that Kyle Bickley has. IMO its very important for Leon to race at NL level, maybe there`s a NL home track just up the road for him.

Think you could be right screm! 

1 hour ago, screm said:

Hope your right screm.  Hopefully Leon will go there as it will help him on the smaller tracks although I would suspect the track to be slicker for NL meetings than it is for Championship meetings.

3 hours ago, screm said:

Good news as far as I am concerned.

the two riders that I did not want back were Flint and Phillips 

so at least Santa Claus has listened to my begging letter that I sent

3 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

???

Flint was great to watch at the NSS..

Young kid learning his trade often blasting around the boards..

Exactly what the NL should be about..

On 12/21/2019 at 10:12 AM, Mr Blobby said:

About time might actually see some decent racing for once down there. 

well done to the promotion for trying to make a difference.

Been watching a lot of racing from ten or so years ago on YouTube and Berwick have plenty of matches on there...

Some of the racing is fantastic,  especially when the track was 'damp' and a bit heavy. .

Lee Complin seemed to pass riders for fun..

Lots of very good racing from others too as they went up the banking and rounded their opponents...

Seen a lot worse racing in lots of places. .

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Hard to understand why you wouldn't want Flint back?

• Like 3