British Speedway Forum

Media Briefing issued tonight:

The Management of Berwick Bandits have had great pleasure in the first hours of the new decade to announce that Cramlington-based, Fire Training Services (North-East) Ltd are proud to be title sponsors of the Bandits for 2020.

Trevor and James Fenwick of FTS have been closely associated with the club for a number of years and welcome the opportunity to step in to support the team this coming season.

FTS provide a fire consultancy service, focusing on the provision of safety training to industry and commerce.

Bandits' co-owner Jamie Courtney was delighted and said: "It’s a massive step forward to welcome FTS on board at this relatively early stage and we will be very proud to be carrying the title of the ‘FTS Bandits’ in 2020.

"We will be doing our very best to represent all our sponsors in the most professional way -- as we always do -- and we are very excited to bring a very cool brand of the FTS Bandits to the tapes for the new season.
"Team race suits are back and we have got some exciting new additions to add to the merchandise range for the new season too.

"The Bandits promotion would like to say a big thanks to Mike, Yvette, Jamie and all of the team at Mike Hope of Wooler Ltd for their tremendous support throughout the 2019 as title sponsor."

Club co-owner Scott Courtney went on and added: "Title sponsorship is always a season long commitment and it’s never a given that anyone will commit to more than a season at a time. I’d like to say a massive thanks to the Hope family for backing what we do at Berwick Speedway and in many ways we are just continuing to carry forward a vision they had a massive part in creating.

"I’m very happy to confirm Mike Hope Of Wooler Ltd will continue to back the Bandits in 2020 in the associate sponsorship area of the club. 

"We have a few more troops on the ground this year in helping the club generate sponsorship and we will be announcing our sponsors thick and fast as we approach the beginning of a new decade of professional speedway in Berwick upon Tweed.

"It’s a real pleasure to be working with FTS in 2020 and we are very fortunate to have the backing of a company that share our passion and vision for Berwick Speedway."

The Bandits are planning the announcement of the club's ‘Powered By’ sponsor as well within the coming days.
  • Like 2

Reports suggesting that Jye Etheridge has suffered a broken collar bone in the first round of the Australian Finals, it is the same collar bone he broke last season.

• Sad 1

Hear the Rangers are getting a new chairman on Monday hope that won't stop proposed track changes 

Kurri Kurri abandoned after 4heats unfit track according to Twitter 

3 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Hear the Rangers are getting a new chairman on Monday hope that won't stop proposed track changes 

so who's the new chairman going to be?

4 hours ago, screm said:

Reports suggesting that Jye Etheridge has suffered a broken collar bone in the first round of the Australian Finals, it is the same collar bone he broke last season.

Aye, hit the ground pretty hard on his left shoulder. Couldn't do anything about it.

Kurri Kurri abandoned after 4heats unfit track according to Twitter 

Track pretty crap onBoxing Day so I'm told at Kurri Kurri, bad again today. Hardly surprising with the ridiculous heat.

Hopefully the former happens, very important AGM. If JB gets ousted i'd be shocked if that stops the track changes, regardless of Chairmanship at BRFC, they need the Speedway to thrive now more than ever. 

Edited by RaymondVanCloggyveld

24 minutes ago, RaymondVanCloggyveld said:

Aye, hit the ground pretty hard on his left shoulder. Couldn't do anything about it.

Track pretty crap onBoxing Day so I'm told at Kurri Kurri, bad again today. Hardly surprising with the ridiculous heat.

Hopefully the former happens, very important AGM. If JB gets ousted i'd be shocked if that stops the track changes, regardless of Chairmanship at BRFC, they need the Speedway to thrive now more than ever. 

44 minutes ago, topsoil said:

so who's the new chairman going to be?

You'll find out next week 

38 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

You'll find out next week 

Hopefully one of the Courtneys then the track changes will be just fine

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Given that an agreement between the two clubs has been announced I`d be surprised if the football club went back on that agreement. In fact i would imagine work will start fairly soon in readiness for the new season.

• Like 1

mmmmmmmm might be kev doolan lollollol very nice

Delighted to see the Speedway liking Brian Porteous returning as new Berwick Rangers Chairman.

• Like 1