British Speedway Forum

29 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

Seems to have been blocked.  Shame to have a young rider wanting to get better on small tracks stopped from racing.

Think it’s maybe because he already has a nl club with a small track 

Edited by mac101

7 hours ago, sparks123 said:

Seems to have been blocked.  Shame to have a young rider wanting to get better on small tracks stopped from racing.

I get the reason why Leon has been stopped from riding for Newcastle but it's two different competitions and as long as there was no fixture clashes I would've thought a young rider getting track time would be encouraged rather than blocked.

• Like 5

On 2/6/2020 at 9:16 PM, bjcol said:

please not robin has nowt to do with wot I say on here so back off  and find some one elise to pick on mmmmmmmmm not nice remark

You and him are both as sad as each other unfortunately. 

Leon has signed for Armadale so still be getting the small track experience.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Would be fair to say Robin is 'ALL AT SEA' :party:

Wish he would take the Cornhill clown with him and with any luck leave him there.:D

On 2/8/2020 at 6:48 AM, screm said:

I get the reason why Leon has been stopped from riding for Newcastle but it's two different competitions and as long as there was no fixture clashes I would've thought a young rider getting track time would be encouraged rather than blocked.

Rules have been changed from the published ones at Xmas. A rider now can't ride for 2 teams (Leon already signed for Armadale) so Newcastle have acted quickly and signed David Wallinger. Not a youngster, but he is a very experienced rider who, from observation, is very helpful and encouraging for our younger team members.   

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, emilali said:

You and him are both as sad as each other unfortunately. 

mmmmmmm thanks lollollol

3 hours ago, screm said:

Wish he would take the Cornhill clown with him and with any luck leave him there.:D

see you next season mmmmmmm

54 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Rules have been changed from the published ones at Xmas. A rider now can't ride for 2 teams (Leon already signed for Armadale) so Newcastle have acted quickly and signed David Wallinger. Not, a youngster but he is a very experienced rider who, from observation, is very helpful and encouraging for our younger team members.   

Whats his average? Are they not also about 3.5 points under the points limit? 

6 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Whats his average? Are they not also about 3.5 points under the points limit? 

Wallinger is 3.87, the Gems are more than 5 points under the limit now!

16 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Rules have been changed from the published ones at Xmas. A rider now can't ride for 2 teams (Leon already signed for Armadale) so Newcastle have acted quickly and signed David Wallinger. Not, a youngster but he is a very experienced rider who, from observation, is very helpful and encouraging for our younger team members.   

That's not the reason I heard Dave ;)

but putting that aside, wouldn't you have thought that it might make a little bit of sense to carry the rules through until the end of the season? Any tinkering, amendments or changes can be thought of during the season and brought in for the following season or on a specific date and, not just on a whim.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

That's not the reason I heard Dave ;)

but putting that aside, wouldn't you have thought that it might make a little bit of sense to carry the rules through until the end of the season? Any tinkering, amendments or changes can be thought of during the season and brought in for the following season or on a specific date and, not just on a whim.

Yes, that would be common sense you would have thought. But it is the BSPA. :D No doubt there's something about getting more riders involved rather than doubling up with youngsters. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dave am I right in saying only the other week that dave wallinger said he was not riding this year,  with work and family time?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pitstop84 said:

Dave am I right in saying only the other week that Dave Wallinger said he was not riding this year,  with work and family time?

I heard that too, but with only 3 home & 3 away NT matches, it won't take up much of his time!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I heard that too, but with only 3 home & 3 away NT matches, it won't take up much of his time!

Yes. It's a good chance to put himself in the window if there is a vacancy somewhere. The fact both David and the Newcastle Gems are Northern is good,  and it's only 6 meetings plus friendlies.