British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, col69 said:

heard the day  p and p  day  on sat  and start 25th july can any body con firm this pleasemmmmmm

July seems quick for any starts given press release by Damien Bates on BSPA release today

"SHEFFIELD co-owner Damien Bates is remaining positive and upbeat about prospects for racing next month – and is far from ready to throw in the towel.

Bates admits there are still hurdles to overcome before seeing the Tigers on track, but news of Stock Car racing going ahead later this month at Ipswich with a crowd in attendance has lifted hopes.

Said Bates: “I’m a realist and a restart will never be straightforward, but I’m certainly hopeful and more optimistic now than I have been for a few weeks.

“It feels like there is genuine light at the end of the tunnel, and I can assure everyone my colleagues on the board of the British Speedway Promoters Ltd are working around the clock to offer some sort of league season for our fans.

“I must emphasise at no stage have we ever lost sight of the fact that the health and safety of our supporters, sponsors and track staff is of paramount importance, but I believe there is a way we can make this season happen.”

Berwick`s Leon Flint will replace the injured Dan Bewley as Britiain`s representative in the FIM European Under-21 Qualifier at Divisov Czech Republic on August 1st.

1 hour ago, screm said:

Berwick`s Leon Flint will replace the injured Dan Bewley as Britiain`s representative in the FIM European Under-21 Qualifier at Divisov Czech Republic on August 1st.

old news as always screm keep up min

well see you the night at bobbies birthday bash happy birthday pal mmmmmmm

does any body no if it is p and p the night and if on wot time does it start mmmmmmmm

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, col69 said:

does any body no if it is p and p the night and if on wot time does it start mmmmmmmm

I can't see there being competitive action this year in the UK Col. We live in a time where statistics and facts have been confined to the skip.

Pretty confident that all singular sporting entities, have NO say in the matter. If they did I am sure clubs would do EVERYTHING to meet the 'autocratic' guidance.

P.S Card only!

Edited by Robinh88
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Robinh88 said:

I can't see there being competitive action this year in the UK Col. We live in a time where statistics and facts have been confined to the skip.

Pretty confident that all singular sporting entities, have NO say in the matter. If they did I am sure clubs would do EVERYTHING to meet the 'autocratic' guidance.

P.S Card only!

bring the  right money as no change can be giving lollollol

36 minutes ago, col69 said:

bring the  right money as no change can be giving lollollol

You really ought to stop listening to the tripe he puts you up to saying Colin. 

4 hours ago, col69 said:

It was a behind closed doors; VIP; invite only; practice session that started at 18.30 and if I had seen you when I drove through Cornhill around 17.30 tonight I could have brought you along as I had a spare ticket and with you being the Cornhill VIP (Village Idiot Person) you qualified but Cornhill was like a ghost town...

The guys looked quick as they usually do riding on there own or in pairs but the most impressive thing was the track with an extra metre and a bit down each straight on a nice new kerb line and the bends opened out slightly with a surface as smooth as the proverbial "Babies Bottom"....

The other noticeable thing was the race downhill to the entrance of the third bend where the dip and hump used to be; well this has vanished... if it stays like that the racing will be even better than ever...

Big well done to the promotion as the racing strip now looks fantastic... it looks like there has been a great deal of effort put in to produce what looks like a tremendous racing circuit and it is such a shame on a warm July night that the place is in lock-down and the genuine Speedway fans of Berwick can't get there racing fix...

Once the place opens up I think the track will offer up some great entertainment...

Oh and in deference to the poster lollolmmmmmlol slobber slobber slobber mmmmmmlollol...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Missed out word

Until Shielfield Park is allowed to host football matches with crowds I can’t see there being any speedway in front of supporters 

27 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

It was a behind closed doors; VIP; invite only; practice session that started at 18.30 and if I had seen you when I drove through Cornhill around 17.30 tonight I could have brought you along as I had a spare ticket and with you being the Cornhill VIP (Village Idiot Person) you qualified but Cornhill was like a ghost town...

The guys looked quick as they usually do riding on there own or in pairs but the most impressive thing was the track with an extra metre and a bit down each straight on a nice new kerb line and the bends opened out slightly with a surface as smooth as the proverbial "Babies Bottom"....

The other noticeable thing was the race downhill to the entrance of the third bend where the dip and hump used to be; well this has vanished... if it stays like that the racing will be even better than ever...

Big well done to the promotion as the racing strip now looks fantastic... it looks like there has been a great deal of effort put in to produce what looks like a tremendous racing circuit and it is such a shame on a warm July night that the place is in lock-down and the genuine Speedway fans of Berwick can't get there racing fix...

Once the place opens up I think the track will offer up some great entertainment...

Oh and in deference to the poster lollolmmmmmlol slobber slobber slobber mmmmmmlollol...

Regards 

THJ 

That will upset a few posters on here. 

1 hour ago, DSC67 said:

Until Shielfield Park is allowed to host football matches with crowds I can’t see there being any speedway in front of supporters 

How long is a piece of string?

Maybe I'm missing something but I can't understand why say Berwick Rangers/Bandits can't restart next weekend? Assuming S/D is implemented; there is ample spare space in Shielfield for 350/800 fans for the latter?

I suspect promoters and fans laterally would flock back in their hundreds.

What crazy times! Watch as much reality TV(in whichever form), gamble and go out and get drunk. But no live sport or going to a local health club.

You would think they were trying to lower our immune systems.

lolz!

Edited by Robinh88

9 hours ago, Robinh88 said:

How long is a piece of string?

Maybe I'm missing something but I can't understand why say Berwick Rangers/Bandits can't restart next weekend? Assuming S/D is implemented; there is ample spare space in Shielfield for 350/800 fans for the latter?

I suspect promoters and fans laterally would flock back in their hundreds.

What crazy times! Watch as much reality TV(in whichever form), gamble and go out and get drunk. But no live sport or going to a local health club.

You would think they were trying to lower our immune systems.

lolz!

Simply because gatherings of that size at sporting events are still illegal

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Why...

easy done