British Speedway Forum

11 hours ago, topsoil said:

That will upset a few posters on here. 

mmmmmm not nicelollollol

12 hours ago, emilali said:

You really ought to stop listening to the tripe he puts you up to saying Colin. 

grow up min and get back to your comics

33 minutes ago, col69 said:

Lol what a clown you are. Robin should really post all the drivel he gets you to post himself. He must be back to being a speedway lover again for a couple of months at the moment as he’s started posting again. You two are very well matched. 

38 minutes ago, col69 said:

Pot .... Kettle..... what's that saying again....??

16 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Pot .... Kettle..... what's that saying again....??

mmmmmmm you aswell get back to rough park 

21 minutes ago, emilali said:

Lol what a clown you are. Robin should really post all the drivel he gets you to post himself. He must be back to being a speedway lover again for a couple of months at the moment as he’s started posting again. You two are very well matched. 

my pal robinis not a clown and does not tell me wot to post on here mmmmmmmm

33 minutes ago, col69 said:

my pal robinis not a clown and does not tell me wot to post on here mmmmmmmm

We both know thats not true. You as a man in his 70’s are his only pal. Thats why he sits in his room at Digby telling you what to post because its the only joy he has. As I said, well matched. 

2 hours ago, George Dodds said:

Simply because gatherings of that size at sporting events are still illegal

So sport won't be back in its entirety, until there is a solution to the current problem? 

Edited by Robinh88

37 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

So sport won't be back in its entirety, until there is a solution to the current problem? 

Basically. Or until somebody with sufficient influence can persuade (£££) the government otherwise. Any political donors within the sport?

Should league racing be giving the go ahead is there really the appetite from the paying customers to get enough back through the gates to make speedway viable, giving the circumstances we have lived under over the last few months I`m not sure there is. If that is true would clubs would be running meetings at a loss which they have done in the past of course.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Robinh88 said:

The ultimate solution is a vaccine but until then the sport can potentially be back in some format or other with crowd control being a key factor and complying with social distancing and infection contol measures .. the other thing trialled last night was a new electronic ticketing system that's supposed to allow for social distancing however the gregarious nature of humans is difficult to overcome which was evident in the Black and Gold after the event where social distancing went right out the window despite the best efforts of the bar staff...

Regards 

T HJ 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Sorry Colin you have lost me with that comment... do you want to expand on it?

Regards 

THJ 

Does a bear s**t in the woods etc? Surely a given:).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robinh88 said:

or until the government decides to lift the limit on the size of gatherings. The "good" thing about Boris and Co is just because they say something one day it doesn't mean they won't do something entirely different the next. I assume that smaller sports such as lower and non-league football, rugby etc are lobbying to allow at least limited numbers into grounds asap. That's the group that speedway would fall into 

3 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

or until the government decides to lift the limit on the size of gatherings. The "good" thing about Boris and Co is just because they say something one day it doesn't mean they won't do something entirely different the next. I assume that smaller sports such as lower and non-league football, rugby etc are lobbying to allow at least limited numbers into grounds asap. That's the group that speedway would fall into 

I think the problem could be if League Speedway did get the go ahead and a number of Teams committed to it, if the crowd levels were poor at certain venues would they be allowed to withdraw without Penalty.(clubs have been fined in the past) It’s a risk given the current situation.Its not as though most Clubs Could run if only 50% normal crowd turned up without losing money(we all know there is plenty room for normal crowds).Maybe they would be some sort of subsidy from BSPA to help.!