British Speedway Forum

30 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

Another big consideration is that there are a lot of people on furlough and who's jobs may be in danger once the scheme starts to wind down . Money will be tight and speedway may not be that important to them , also will fans attending any matches need to supply contact details for track and trace purposes ? 

That is a big consideration.

32 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Think that was the reason of the trailing  of the new ticketing system... it may be that the only way this can be done effectively is through an online process that has details of the purchaser which to my mind will be another hurdle to jump...

Regards 

THJ  

21 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

That’s the way a lot of pubs restaurants are getting your details as you have to order and pay through their apt, that way they have got your contact details.

A wonder if that's gonna be the only way folk are gonna be allowed out in future, to do stuff like that?

7 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

A wonder if that's gonna be the only way folk are gonna be allowed out in future, to do stuff like that?

It’s certainly pushing towards a cashless society,must admit as someone who was a “pay with cash person” since lockdown have  used card services almost 100%.

25 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Looks like it until we get a vaccine... what Fromafar states above is spot on and I'm in the same boat cash has always been king... however the pubs I have been in where you sign in are next to useless unless it is managed...

It's a real test to commitment and could be very costly but we are now in a society where we push to save/make money and if that means cutting corners it will happen... no one wants to pay extra on a service/pint whatever for safety measures...

Plus it ain't gonna get better anytime soon...

Regards 

THJ 

19 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It’s certainly pushing towards a cashless society,must admit as someone who was a “pay with cash person” since lockdown have  used card services almost 100%.

2 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Looks like it until we get a vaccine... what Fromafar states above is spot on and I'm in the same boat cash has always been king... however the pubs I have been in where you sign in are next to useless unless it is managed...

It's a real test to commitment and could be very costly but we are now in a society where we push to save/make money and if that means cutting corners it will happen... no one wants to pay extra on a service/pint whatever for safety measures...

Plus it ain't gonna get better anytime soon...

Regards 

THJ 

A was thinking more like, knowing everyone's movements, (track n trace)?

3 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Paranoia rules!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, crescent girl said:

Paranoia rules!

Aye, but what about old people without phones and that,,, suppose they'll just have to stay in, still ;)

3 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Aye, but what about old people without phones and that,,, suppose they'll just have to stay in, still ;)

They probably don’t know about this virus Yet :P

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

They probably don’t know about this virus Yet :P

Course they do,,,, they've seen it on the telly.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yep a know where ya coming from and that was the basis of me response... if the manual lists aren't managed you might as well use them for bog paper... but to manage these systems takes time effort and potentially money...

Many won't put the effort in on the process and others won't want to pay for it... there was a sign in list into the Black and Gold that many walked past so if someone had Covid in there and there is a break out of virus only half to two thirds of the people in there would be able to be traced...

This isn't in isolation either as I have been known to frequent a few drinking establishments and it is the same in a great many of them... although I was led to believe that these measures would only be in place for 3 weeks and if it worked they would be lifted...

But if people don't work to accommodate these measures they may be tightened... and that's the last thing I would suggest that everyone wants...

I was in a spot last week where there were 3 Mickey Mouse's a Donald Duck and Winston Churchill... that's how serious that was being taken...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Yep a know where ya coming from and that was the basis of me response... if the manual lists aren't managed you might as well use them for bog paper... but to manage these systems takes time effort and potentially money...

Many won't put the effort in on the process and others won't want to pay for it... there was a sign in list into the Black and Gold that many walked past so if someone had Covid in there and there is a break out of virus only half to two thirds of the people in there would be able to be traced...

This isn't in isolation either as I have been known to frequent a few drinking establishments and it is the same in a great many of them... although I was led to believe that these measures would only be in place for 3 weeks and if it worked they would be lifted...

But if people don't work to accommodate these measures they may be tightened... and that's the last thing I would suggest that everyone wants...

I was in a spot last week where there were 3 Mickey Mouse's a Donald Duck and Winston Churchill... that's how serious that was being taken...

Regards 

THJ 

So basically,,, if Mickey Mouse gets the virus, many will have to isolate?

6 hours ago, screm said:

Should league racing be giving the go ahead is there really the appetite from the paying customers to get enough back through the gates to make speedway viable, giving the circumstances we have lived under over the last few months I`m not sure there is. If that is true would clubs would be running meetings at a loss which they have done in the past of course.

Sure Edinburgh have run a couple of surveys with their supporters couldn't tell you their outcome. 

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

So basically,,, if Mickey Mouse gets the virus, many will have to isolate?

A know ya flippant comment is a reasonable attempt at humour but if the clown who chose to use the nom de plume Mickey Mouse is in the pub and catches Covid off someone else in there then heads off for the next two weeks spreading it exponentially around his patch then we are in a local lock down situation aren't we...

But if he does the right thing and leaves his real name and phone number he can be told to self isolate for a week get tested and do the right thing... to be fair Ruff this thing isn't a joke it's killing people ffs...

Regards 

THJ 

26 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

A know ya flippant comment is a reasonable attempt at humour but if the clown who chose to use the nom de plume Mickey Mouse is in the pub and catches Covid off someone else in there then heads off for the next two weeks spreading it exponentially around his patch then we are in a local lock down situation aren't we...

But if he does the right thing and leaves his real name and phone number he can be told to self isolate for a week get tested and do the right thing... to be fair Ruff this thing isn't a joke it's killing people ffs...

Regards 

THJ 

Yes John, but what is the right thing?,,, I would think that myself and you would have an idea of what that was,,,, (some sort of respect might be needed),,, Sorry, if my posts offend you. 

I could pm you about it killing people. 

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yes John, but what is the right thing?,,, I would think that myself and you would have an idea of what that was,,,, (some sort of respect might be needed),,, Sorry, if my posts offend you. 

I could pm you about it killing people. 

PM away buddy... I know what the right thing is to do... I have followed all the rules and guidelines from day one... and I have still felt personal loss to Covid... 

Regards 

THJ