British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, George Dodds said:

Didn't notice that contradiction at the bottom of the release so apologies.

I did check with the Berwick promotion before the original reply and they say it is Championship League and KO Cup only in 2020 and the season ticket is valid for the 16 league fixtures.

Wonder why the league didn't just have 1 meeting (home and away) with each team in the league and have 2 Trophy groups (North and South).  It would give all teams the same matches (16) and everyone would have another trophy to race for.:cheers:

18 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

Wonder why the league didn't just have 1 meeting (home and away) with each team in the league and have 2 Trophy groups (North and South).  It would give all teams the same matches (16) and everyone would have another trophy to race for.:cheers:

personally i would have preferred that, although twice at home and twice away would have been far better imo. 

Edited by ch958

1 hour ago, Marshall07 said:

Redcar are quoted as saying there is two separate leagues, North and South, and the top 3 of each will qualify for the playoffs

Seems a strange interpretation of the post AGM statement. The only obvious mention of north and south is to work out who faces who twice and who faces who once. Talk is of the top six teams in an extended playoff - not top three of each section. Suppose we'll see when the regs are finally published. 

7 hours ago, George Dodds said:

Seems a strange interpretation of the post AGM statement. The only obvious mention of north and south is to work out who faces who twice and who faces who once. Talk is of the top six teams in an extended playoff - not top three of each section. Suppose we'll see when the regs are finally published. 

My understanding was that the teams that finished top of their respective group went straight into the semi final . And the second and third place teams raced against their counterparts to see who joined them in the semi final 

18 hours ago, George Dodds said:

£9.93 if you're a concession

and there's 10% off merchandise

Talking of merchandise, any jackets or caps next season? 

2 hours ago, Paulco said:

My understanding was that the teams that finished top of their respective group went straight into the semi final . And the second and third place teams raced against their counterparts to see who joined them in the semi final 

My reading of the press release lead me to belief it's one big group with the top 6 going to the play offs, first and second into semis and third to sixth into the quarter finals.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paulco said:

Pretty much what the Redcar promotion have said as well i believe. 

15 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

They've signed Tintin and Captain Haddock too

Common error underpinning your post. The Thom(p)sons weren't twins in the Tintin stories. One spelled his name with a "p" and one without.

Why am I discussing Hergé's creation on a Berwick thread? :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, boz said:

Pretty much what the Redcar promotion have said as well i believe. 

Redcar have now confirmed it's all one league. Would have been two if Newcastle hadn't continued as it would have been unfair. 

8 hours ago, Shadders said:

Hopefully. It's something the club is actively looking into. There was a theory that with your 10% discount you could buy a top quality bandits' jacket from the savings you've made from buying an early-bird season pass ... and still have enough left to treat Sarah to cheeseburger and chips a couple of times

Edited by George Dodds

9 hours ago, Shadders said:

Chance would be a fine thing, I asked at the club shop if they still did team jackets as in previous year but alas no. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, False dawn said:

Common error underpinning your post. The Thom(p)sons weren't twins in the Tintin stories. One spelled his name with a "p" and one without.

Why am I discussing Hergé's creation on a Berwick thread? :icon_smile_clown:

Thompson Twins, half decent 80`s band.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, screm said:

Chance would be a fine thing, I asked at the club shop if they still did team jackets as in previous year but alas no. 

Last year not necessarily the same as this year ... or next year. Things change, complaints are noted, action taken where possible

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, screm said:

Thompson Twins, half decent 80`s band.

Hey, come on, Hold Me Now is a 80’s classic :D

18 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

Last year not necessarily the same as this year ... or next year. Things change, complaints are noted, action taken where possible

The jackets I was after was from the year before, so you could say its my own fault for not buying one when they were available the season before.

Maybe the club could look at an on line shop, merchandise could be picked up at the track once ready.

• Like 1