British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Mildenhall vs Plymouth 28/7

When Gilkes was injured at stoke, I was stood in the pits when chris hunt was told it had to be a 2.0 unattatched rider, ruling out Couzins O Keefe and a couple of others I think who had 2.something averages.

The rules at the time did say 3.0 unattatched riders to replace missing reserves. But assume this was a clerical error when they were published and should of read 2.0 riders.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

When Gilkes was injured at stoke, I was stood in the pits when chris hunt was told it had to be a 2.0 unattatched rider, ruling out Couzins O Keefe and a couple of others I think who had 2.something averages.

The rules at the time did say 3.0 unattatched riders to replace missing reserves. But assume this was a clerical error when they were published and should of read 2.0 riders.

Whilst you are quite correct the problem stil exists that the rule book states something different than the rules being enforced. Surely rules cannot be enforced by opinion, the word or a couple of people or how it was remembered when it was discussed at the AGM but never written down. By that merit the need for a UK passport could be a clerical error and it should read must not have a UK passport making every NL rider ineligible (of course thats daft but if the rules cannot be recorded properly they are not worth the paper they are electronically displayed upon).

9 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Whilst you are quite correct the problem stil exists that the rule book states something different than the rules being enforced. Surely rules cannot be enforced by opinion, the word or a couple of people or how it was remembered when it was discussed at the AGM but never written down. By that merit the need for a UK passport could be a clerical error and it should read must not have a UK passport making every NL rider ineligible (of course thats daft but if the rules cannot be recorded properly they are not worth the paper they are electronically displayed upon).

Easy enough to check as the AGM is recorded so doesn't matter what was or wasn't written down. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jayne said:

Easy enough to check as the AGM is recorded so doesn't matter what was or wasn't written down. 

i bet that's quite a listen.

14 hours ago, Jayne said:

Should be made available online...

• Haha 1