British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gunner85

BELLE VUE COLTS V KENT THURSDAY 01/ 08

the Cup match provided an excellent night’s entertainment and racing .

Hopefully more of the same on Thursday

• Like 1

Agree with you, the last match with Kent was really good and better than many of the televised matches seen this year.  Hope we can get a big crowd now the school holidays are here.

Been really looking forward to returning to B Vue for this league match as the cup was just a warm up.  I genuinely thought we had a chance of winning, but sadly with it looking like Kent will only have 3 of their riders fit i will be hoping for a rain off rather than the match!

I'm on holiday not too far away and am planning to go. It's been very wet where I am. How has it been at Belle Vue? Is the match likely to go ahead?

There has been flooding in the Stockport area not too far away and there are further showers today. 

Don't let that put you off, though. Belle Vue have a remarkable record of getting meetings on, so check their website.

If you haven't been to the NSS, you are in for a treat. 

Luke Barnes? Has Chris Hunt gone mental or are Kent totally out of touch regarding available unattached riders. I can concede that Wally is coming into a little bit of form and guests who will travel / are Northern based makes sense but choosing a rider from Suffolk to travel to Manchester and take 3 rides is just barmy.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

There has been flooding in the Stockport area not too far away and there are further showers today. 

Don't let that put you off, though. Belle Vue have a remarkable record of getting meetings on, so check their website.

If you haven't been to the NSS, you are in for a treat. 

Thanks HT. I've been before so need no convincing. I am intending to take along two locals who have never been before so don't want a less than good first impression. I will keep an eye on the weather today, but I may postpone their visit until next week

Should be a good meeting tonight. Getting a bit gloomy this afternoon here in Wigan. Probably be ok for it to go ahead tonight though. My 2nd team at our Colts. I should be going.

EDIT Chucking down now

Edited by craigACE

Fine at track. These are isolated showers  all missing the track. The tracks getting the edge of the rain. If they get any rain at all 

• Like 1

6.45pm pouring down, never stopped until 8.00pm. Waited 10 minutes then started racing.

DE3F0B44-8693-4654-A888-2538D186D80C.jpeg

Edited by Rob B

Fair play to all the riders for getting the meeting on The track was soaking. Great result for Kent. 

• Like 2

44-45 to Kent. Must have finished late. Only just found that result.

Great effort from both teams, and some good racing, congratulations to Kent, deserved winners, good performance from Kemp but Gilkes really impressed me. 

• Like 1

Sitting there before the match with the rain pelting down.......................surely no chance of any racing........................announcements from the BV commentator suggesting they are giving it another 20 minutes and see how it goes.    In truth we had by this time regretted turning up. (In truth there weren't that many of us anyway).

And behold! They put on heat one with the rain still falling and it wasn't a bad race. (Considering!).

And then, long story short, the racing continued and the track provided a fair stage for both teams. 

I just wonder how many Premiership matches would have gone ahead in these conditions?  So credit to riders of both sides for providing racing (at times really good racing).

Shame about the result from a Colts point of view but hey!.

• Like 4

Cracking meeting :approve: and a huge advert for both the NL and NSS.

As Neil Drummond said, no other track in the country would have put that meeting on given the amount of rain and it is entirely possible that had it been a Premiership match that would have been off too.

There was some high quality racing once the slush was driven off and a knife edge finish,. 

Massive credit to both teams  :approve:

We don't know the full circumstances of course, but the decisive difference to me was that Kent gave their in form reserve 7 rides, Belle Vue didn't. 

• Like 3