British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Scandinavian GP Malilla Saturday August 17th

Caught up on the SGP this morning, great meeting once it got going. Shame gate 3 was such a graveyard.  I had thought by now Zmarzlik would be pulling clear at the top with Woffinden out the way but that's not looking the case. Thought the only rider that would trouble the Pole would be Sayfutdinov. But now Madsen is starting to look like a winner.

Don't think Woffinden will make the top 8 but no way will he not get a permanent wildcard for 2020.

Just watched a replay of the final. What a race.   Fearless Freddie was amazing, but not far behind in the amazing stakes were Madsen (carrying a massive injury but you wouldnt know it unless told) and Janowski.   Not cared too much for Madsen in the past, too much of a gater I thought, but he proved me wrong this year. Yes he can gate, but he chases and goes for gaps and often succeeds.   Magic is just magic at times. The quiet one, just does his stuff efficiently, sneaks under my radar many times.

Must mention Max Fricke..... what a trier. He is hungry for GP success..... and its going to come, and when it does it could open the flood gates. His crash last night was pretty horrid, but he come back, obviously hurting. I hope he is in the series next year one way or another.

Woffinden is assured of a pick for next year. Fair do's to him for riding, but he riding safely and thats ok. He keeping in touch with the opposition in the best way..... on the track. Gives him a chance to do a bit of bike testing as well, and he is clever enough to have thought of that. I enjoy his commentaries as well. Bit of a changed character to a few years ago when he was swearing a lot when interviewed. That had to stop and it has.

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 2

Sitting at Växjö airport reflecting on last night - a good nights racing once the first block of heats were complete.

Lindgren a worthy winner, and Madsen finds speed that nobody else can - lots of talk as to how, but that’s for another day.

Looked an incredibly harsh exclusion for Doyle in his final heat which ultimately cost him his spot in the semis, but I’m yet to see a replay.

A steward at the venue told us the crowd was 5,500 - but I’m terrible at estimating so I wouldn’t like to guess either way.

Final mention goes to Tai Woffinden who made our trip that little bit extra special - inviting myself, my wife and our almost 2 year old daughter into the pits, allowing her to sit on his bikes and sit in his pit bay - a true top man and his true form on a bike is only round the corner I’m sure.

Next GP were attending is Cardiff, so Teterow and Vojens will be a tv job - looking forward to them already.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, AlexBrady said:

Lindgren a worthy winner, and Madsen finds speed that nobody else can - lots of talk as to how, but that’s for another day.

Hi Alex - I would be interested in knowing more "lots of talk how, but that's for another day". 

43 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Hi Alex - I would be interested in knowing more "lots of talk how, but that's for another day". 

Only a fool would try anything illegal in a GP - so you can count cheating out.

• Like 1

That’s why it would be interesting to know what they talking about.

i keep looking is he getting his wheels in line sooner, but if he is I can’t spot it.

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Only a fool would try anything illegal in a GP - so you can count cheating out.

Agree,it is noticeable the Tatum mentions  how fast Madsens bikes are nearly every race he is in.:rolleyes:Madsen said in SS interview before GP started that he is in it to win not Top 8 stuff,good on him.He is doing the business up to now,

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Agree,it is noticeable the Tatum mentions  how fast Madsens bikes are nearly every race he is in.:rolleyes:Madsen said in SS interview before GP started that he is in it to win not Top 8 stuff,good on him.He is doing the business up to now,

He’s probably lighter in weight than the others as well, which i’m sure helps

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Weight, set ups etc - no suggestion of anything illegal from my end!  Other people around me on the terraces Saturday night and again in Wroclaw were saying that he does get get in lines sooner off the bends but likewise, I can't notice it!

Weight on the bike should be even across 16 riders or a minimum weight.  A bloke weighing 8 or 9 stone has a big advantage unless they change the rule.. 

38 minutes ago, Mark said:

Weight on the bike should be even across 16 riders or a minimum weight.  A bloke weighing 8 or 9 stone has a big advantage unless they change the rule.. 

Thats about the weight of my left leg !!!!   (well not really true, but I weigh double the 8 stone)

25 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Thats about the weight of my left leg !!!!   (well not really true, but I weigh double the 8 stone)

You'll be slow from the start 

37 minutes ago, Mark said:

You'll be slow from the start 

and I would bounce a lot when I fall (which would be frequently no doubt)

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

and I would bounce a lot when I fall (which would be frequently no doubt)

Change your name to Oval Fundin. 

• Haha 1