Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Peterborough. Prem. 1/8/19

2 hours ago, Debbs said:

The track a joke like the crowd.Not one Black Person 

Weezer. Cant say that type of thing. 

8 hours ago, stevebrum said:

How behind the times are you?;)

If you wanted to follow Charles Wright on Twitter ....... that’s his profile.

Thanks - yes, a long way behind, I’m afraid

It all came up suddenly and rushed past me and I’m left far behind

Not in/on Twitter, and don’t know how it works - didn’t understand “handle” or the “@“ which seems to crop up in various places these days

Cheers :oops:

• Like 1

mate next to me showed me his scoresheet before riders came out hed already written in douglas!! odd call,our only explanation was manager had already decided match was lost and they were saving points money lol

excellent meeting track was good plenty of passing .vintage scott last night  and ryan douglas impressive for the panthers . we were a solid team last night more of the same next week 

• Like 1

After the injury issues the team are now starting to flourish. Brady now back and scoring well, Holder improving, Nivcolai and Josh a solid scoring engine room. Nico needs to get over his injury which held him back last night. Ricky starting to try outside runs. 

Beginning to look very good again. Only 5 points picked up from Richie’s spot. He can do better than that.

The top two clash next Thursday at Wimborne Road. Looking forward to it.

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Only 5 points picked up from Richie’s spot. He can do better than that.

That’s bang on the money then. His average is 5.22

• Like 2

I felt for Hans last night - especially with the news that one of his and Poole's main sponsors had passed after a battle with illness (A lovely tribute by Matt Ford in the programme by the way.) RIP Jo Tomlin (Meridian Lifts).

Very impressed with Scotty's new engine and Douglas's first time performance.

Nothing more to add to SS's excellent summary other than we did question why Nico had 7 rides - although he did score better as the meeting progressed so maybe some early mechanical gremlins rather than ribs?

(Incidentally spoke to Nicolai before the meeting who was intent on racking up a good score as his machinery has just set him back some £10k!!!)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

After the injury issues the team are now starting to flourish. Brady now back and scoring well, Holder improving, Nivcolai and Josh a solid scoring engine room. Nico needs to get over his injury which held him back last night. Ricky starting to try outside runs. 

Beginning to look very good again. Only 5 points picked up from Richie’s spot. He can do better than that.

The top two clash next Thursday at Wimborne Road. Looking forward to it.

seems to happen every year, get injuries midway through then we get them all back fresher because they have had a break, make one or two changes and have a great season end usually holding the trophy, tried and tested formula!

3 hours ago, stevebrum said:

that is his overall average not his home average!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I felt for Hans last night - especially with the news that one of his and Poole's main sponsors had passed after a battle with illness (A lovely tribute by Matt Ford in the programme by the way.) RIP Jo Tomlin (Meridian Lifts).

Very impressed with Scotty's new engine and Douglas's first time performance.

Nothing more to add to SS's excellent summary other than we did question why Nico had 7 rides - although he did score better as the meeting progressed so maybe some early mechanical gremlins rather than ribs?

(Incidentally spoke to Nicolai before the meeting who was intent on racking up a good score as his machinery has just set him back some £10k!!!)

With Brady and Jack hitting form we look a very decent team now, just need Richie back, hopefully in time for the play offs, if not we need a replacement, can't see its a good idea to go in to the play offs using r/r.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

that is his overall average not his home average!

6.67 at home, so just over a point more. Didn’t realise how poor his away one is!

5 hours ago, stevebrum said:

As FB has said Richie is worth more than 5 at home. The way it’s looking he won’t be replaced. Can’t be that far off a return.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

As FB has said Richie is worth more than 5 at home. The way it’s looking he won’t be replaced. Can’t be that far off a return.

Long way off a return Steve.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If Richie confirms his fitness by 28th August latest then he'll be back!  If not then a replacement will be signed for September/October. (in my opinion of course.)

Edited by Skidder1