British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Educate me on Danny Ayres

Thanks for the replies:t:

His name had cropped up a few times lately, I thought he was another youngster coming through. I was surprised to read he was 32. I was willing him on in the British final in that heat 19..

A very late comer to the sport by the looks of it. Pity he didn't start in his teens. Still, he looks up for it and seems to love racing.

Good luck to him.

5 hours ago, steve roberts said:

I'm intrigued by this character having obviously not seen him ride...any images available?

You can watch heat 19 from Monday here

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gustix said:

Fair point Sings4Speedway. I can recognise the present completion if its correct title as specified by the SGB is used - National DEVELOPMENT League but not in the pretence it is a major national competition as the National League.

https://www.speedwaygb.co.uk

The ONLY pretense here is you attempting to define a word as something it isn't...

20 hours ago, Super Blue said:

As well as being a Witches fan I pretty much go to every Mildenhall home meeting and Danny is already a legend there . 

He gives everything, loves winning and hates losing , Mr 110% every race ! (As Scott Nicholls would say) 

I believe its only his 4th or maybe 5th year in speedway and with the right sponsorship and equipment he could well find himself in the Premier league sooner rather than later and earning himself some much better money. 

Danny has allready got better equipment and bigger sponsorship than most of the field on Monday ..

I was just trying to make the point he has the ability to go further in the sport with his riding and leave nothing in the tank attitude. 

Was only going by what his other half was saying when I met her a Mildenhall the other week. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Cheese said:

You can watch heat 19 from Monday here

I watched that - WOW!!!  He should have won it, but I have no idea how he didn't end up in the crowd!

I will admit that I didn't know anything about Danny until now, but he is certainly a rider I would pay to watch...

Steve

On 7/30/2019 at 10:05 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

I though Danny was a moto x convert? Not sure i have ever seen or heard of him on the grass?

He is though a true gent and has developed into a class act from what was a very scruffy beginning. There will be plenty who remember his first year at Kent & Rye House where he would fall multiple times in a race, so much so that he developed the ability to slide off and remount in almost one movement. He works tirelessly on his riding and on bettering himself and its really paying off. He also has the theatrics, showmanship and pantomime villian down to a tee so love or loathe him everyone wants to see Danny Ayres. If you ever get the chance to talk to him please do as he is one of the most genuine, honest and lovable people you will ever meet. 

My apologies if I'm wrong I thought he raced grasstrack around 2009 -- the old grey matter is not what it used to be!! :blink::D

On 7/31/2019 at 8:26 AM, chunky said:

It has nothing to do with opinion, it is FACT! Opinion cannot take precedence over fact, regardless of how much you hate the fact(s).

A "National League" is a league that covers the entire country. FACT.

A "National League" is no indicator of standard. FACT.

That may be the case so far as British speedway is concerned in regard to the term National. It does not appear to be the case in other sports - football for example. When TV describes the teams in action commentators frequently comment on sides as the NATIONAL team indicating the best players available and not a reference to the part of the country they come from. But I suppose speedway as usual has to be different in regard to the term National.

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, gustix said:

That may be the case so far as British speedway is concerned in regard to the term National. It does appear to be the case in other sports - football for example. When TV describes the teams in action commentators frequently comment on sides as the NATIONAL team indicating the best players available and not a reference to the part of the country they come from. But I suppose speedway as usual has to be different in regard to the term National.

Wow...

Commentators only comment on sides as the "National Team" when it is the actual "National Team" in action.

A "National Team" is a team representing a "nation", with individuals being selected from across the nation, rather than from a region. EXACTLY the same as a "National League" which covers the whole nation, rather than a region.

That applies in every sport, including speedway, so no, speedway is no different.

Really John, that is a particularly feeble attempt to substantiate your argument.

Edited by chunky
  • Like 3

I remember Danny's first meeting at leicester for a Raiders team , he won a race despite recounting twice and finishing with a puncture, a true hero of mine and a good  mate too.

Had his mum not suffered her horrid illness and then sadly passing away, i am sure he would be a top flight regular. He really has polished off the rough edges in 2019.

• Like 1

i think Gustix is having difficulty fast forwarding from 1948 ..... 

still

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure Danny's first ever ride on a speedway bike was at the excellent Speedway Ride n Slide Dayz experience day ran by Russell Paine and his team. Obviously taught him well I reckon....

• Like 1

Saw Danny at Isle of Wight last night, a six ride 18 point maximum with his race times over two seconds faster than anyone else. 

Even when he was well ahead of the rest he was still very spectacular to watch and in the last race of the match his battle with Ben Morley was very entertaining for the first lap but Ben was unable to really challenge after that. 

Edited by Chris116
Spelling!
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Chris116 said:

Saw Danny at Isle of Wight last night, a six ride 18 point maximum with his race times over two seconds faster than anyone else. 

Even when he was well ahead of the rest he was still very spectacular to watch and in the last race of the match his battle with Ben Morley was very entertaining for the first lap but Ben was unable to really challenge after that. 

Made my first trip to the Island, last night, since they were in the second tier and agree with your assessment, although I have seen him live on several occasions, so knew what to expect. His style  actually reminded me of Chris Holder when he raced for the Islanders, which can't be bad for his CV.  

He is waiting for a phone call from a bigger Club. He deserves to get his chance in the Premiership for his ability,entertainment and attitude.