British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Educate me on Danny Ayres

Danny Ayres fantastic lad on and off the track. Always gives 100% effort and always gives the fans a wave and thanks. We have had the pleasure at Scunthorpe to listen to his after match comments several times this season and he comes across as a genuine nice guy, quite humble, fiercely self critical and keen to learn to improve at every opportunity.

Hope his injury today at Mildenhall has not put paid to his excellent season. Get well soon Danny.

• Like 3

Danny Ayres, could easily take over from Greg Hancock, s position as speedways Mr Nice guy, he's a real supporters rider, nothing is too much trouble for him, always accommodating and always gives 100%on the track. 

On 8/10/2019 at 12:19 AM, Mr Ore said:

Made my first trip to the Island, last night, since they were in the second tier and agree with your assessment, although I have seen him live on several occasions, so knew what to expect. His style  actually reminded me of Chris Holder when he raced for the Islanders, which can't be bad for his CV.  

very much like a young chris holder ,  throttle to the stop and hang on with everything including his teeth no matter what shape the bike is pulling . last year thought he was great whether he was riding against or guesting for the eagles . 

On 8/11/2019 at 11:26 PM, scunny1 said:

Danny Ayres fantastic lad on and off the track. Always gives 100% effort and always gives the fans a wave and thanks. We have had the pleasure at Scunthorpe to listen to his after match comments several times this season and he comes across as a genuine nice guy, quite humble, fiercely self critical and keen to learn to improve at every opportunity.

Hope his injury today at Mildenhall has not put paid to his excellent season. Get well soon Danny.

Danny had an operation yesterday to repair his broken leg, but the good news he is already walking on it with help of course.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, screm said:

Danny had an operation yesterday to repair his broken leg, but the good news he is already walking on it with help of course.

knowing Danny he'll do a "Kenny Carter" and be carried to bike - give it 2 weeks #legend

• Like 1