British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

Berwick Bandits v Redcar Bears (Saturday 3rd - 7pm)

Bandits 49 Bears 41 

Interesting, or something like that, article from Mr Barrie on the Berwick website.

13 minutes ago, screm said:

Interesting, or something like that, article from Mr Barrie on the Berwick website.

Total paranoia from Mr Barrie, beginning to think he just wants to sh#t stir so as people remember him.:rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Total paranoia from Mr Barrie, beginning to think he just wants to sh#t stir so as people remember him.:rolleyes:

I believe in PR and promoting the product.

BUT

The article is in my opinion of course, is     'OVER EGGING THE PUDDING'

• Like 1

Think some one must have “ spiked” his coffee at Armadale;) If it was coffee he was drinking:cheers::D 

30 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

In the article Mr Barrie says the now infamous post by Pod stopped a family coming to the Somerset meeting, which lost the club money at the turnstile, track shop and snack bar, fair point and that particular post was indeed unacceptable. Thing is there is a family of four who sit along from me who were none to happy about Mr Barrie giving results of the SoN meeting in Togliatti during the Somerset meeting, so much so that they were saying if there is a SGP on they would stay at home as they dont want to hear updates from the centre green.

Lets see what happens later

3 minutes ago, screm said:

In the article Mr Barrie says the now infamous post by Pod stopped a family coming to the Somerset meeting, which lost the club money at the turnstile, track shop and snack bar, fair point and that particular post was indeed unacceptable. Thing is there is a family of four who sit along from me who were none to happy about Mr Barrie giving results of the SoN meeting in Togliatti during the Somerset meeting, so much so that they were saying if there is a SGP on they would stay at home as they dont want to hear updates from the centre green.

Pod’s post was totally unacceptable and stupid.Did it really affect the crowd level I doubt it.Just my opinion though.How long was the Post up for before it was corrected and it was 3- 4 hours before start time.This is a forum and as such maybe should be taken with pinch of salt ,phone the Stadium would be my answer.Before internet days that was all you could do.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Nothing new in this article from Dick , he's been writing this sort of stuff for years 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Surely someone with expertise in multiple forum aliases should be able to track down who "plod" is and bring them to face justice on the centre green. ;)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, screm said:

Lets hope the family still attend the speedway.  I wasn't having much luck with a work colleague (who goes with one of his friends) despite reiterating that the British champion was at Berwick and how often does that happen.  

I don’t even try, I don’t want to face the embarrassment when they stand and watch 15 awful races and waste 2 hours of their time, would prefer to take someone new all the way to Glasgow or Redcar to show them what speedway is

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

I don’t even try, I don’t want to face the embarrassment when they stand and watch 15 awful races and waste 2 hours of their time, would prefer to take someone new all the way to Glasgow or Redcar to show them what speedway is

And £17 to watch 15 heats of follow my leader