British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

Berwick Bandits v Redcar Bears (Saturday 3rd - 7pm)

47 minutes ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

Redcar were somewhat  fortunate to win the meeting   Garcia not leaving start in one heat and Flint losing chain I think on a sure 5-1 late on which would have out Berwick 40-32 up and almost out of reach

Gappmaier and Garcia not leaving the start in Ht 14 cost us.:P Could not pass a rider who had not scored a point all night.What does that tell us.Weren't even close.

Edited by Fromafar

18 hours ago, screm said:

So fans now use this website to determine whether to attend a Speedway meeting?

Wow..

Another alternative idea of course could be checking with the staging club whether the meeting is on or not..

And to be fair, whoever posted the wrong information, and ultimately dissuaded people from going, probably now knows what it means to be a promoter as many of them have been dissuading people from going for years... :rolleyes:

Anyhow....

Anyone know what time my local Tesco is open today? 

Edited by mikebv

So the unbeaten home record in the league is gone and the chances of making a play off push now very difficult. True to say fortune didn't favour Berwick especially with Leon`s fall in Ht12 when second and on a 5-1 but take nothing away from Redcar, they won and deserved to do so. Biggest turning point for them was Jordan Stewarts Ht14 win as he had done literally  nothing all night and was off a graveyard of a gate one. Berwick`s inability of race wins proved their un-doing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Wow..

Another alternative idea of course could be checking with the staging club whether the meeting is on or not..

And to be fair, whoever posted the wrong information, and ultimately dissuaded people from going, probably now knows what most promoters feel like as they have been dissuading people from going for years...

Anyhow....

As its a Sunday I`m guessing 10am.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, sparks123 said:

Lets hope the family still attend the speedway.  I wasn't having much luck with a work colleague (who goes with one of his friends) despite reiterating that the British champion was at Berwick and how often does that happen.  

Sadly four empty seats, now they may have a had another reason for not attending but at the very least and to use Mr Barrie`s new thinking it should make his next article the the Berwick web site an interesting read as in his last effort he was exploring the possibilities of transferring fans, or at least the nuisance ones, maybe we could look at doing the same for centre green presenters.

8 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Gappmaier and Garcia not leaving the start in Ht 14 cost us.:P Could not pass a rider who had not scored a point all night.What does that tell us.Weren't even close.

I wasnt in line for comments on starts but 'Sparks' made a point on jumps in earlier post on here last night.   Heat 15 was ok though  Good passes late race.   I have to say track looked very good pre match.  I travel about and take in Speedway here and there mate and only 2 tracks this season have produced top racing  Belle Vue and Scunthorpe, most of others processional and boring so while folk moan on forums it same almost everywhere these days. Its easiest thing in world to criticise and rest assured I do it too but unless folks step forward and offer better solutions or even offer to come in and invest or take over or maybe powers that be could start something I think they did few years ago and do Track guy courses it is what it is

27 minutes ago, screm said:

Sadly four empty seats, now they may have a had another reason for not attending but at the very least and to use Mr Barrie`s new thinking it should make his next article the the Berwick web site an interesting read as in his last effort he was exploring the possibilities of transferring fans, or at least the nuisance ones, maybe we could look at doing the same for centre green presenters.

Thought there was a bit of a mumble in Mr Barrie’s voice when he congratulated the Beats Fans on their fine win.:P

It's a pity the same determination shown in heat 15 hadn't been replicated in the previous fourteen we were to easily brushed aside. Reading some of the Dirt articles just to balance things up we know who Clown Prince of Austria can beat now we know who he can't. As for supporters having to be at the top of their game I would suggest it is the riders who need to be at the top of their game. Finally the fact Berwick still have the same seven riders as at the start of the season IMO has  nothing to do with the way they are riding but down to finances. If we ride like that next week God help us. Congratulations to the Bears on their win and good luck today as someone posts UTB

58 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Wow..

And to be fair, whoever posted the wrong information, and ultimately dissuaded people from going, probably now knows what it means to be a promoter as many of them have been dissuading people from going for years... :rolleyes:

Anyhow....

That was why I asked where he'd  got that particular information from ,as I hadn't seen  it on any official platforms .  It wasn't until after he was challenged that he admitted it was a " Joke "  . A rather stupid and pathetic joke IMOH 

57 minutes ago, screm said:

Been a lot more than four lately I’m sure they didn’t all choose not to attend because of something they read on here 

33 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

It's a pity the same determination shown in heat 15 hadn't been replicated in the previous fourteen we were to easily brushed aside. Reading some of the Dirt articles just to balance things up we know who Clown Prince of Austria can beat now we know who he can't. As for supporters having to be at the top of their game I would suggest it is the riders who need to be at the top of their game. Finally the fact Berwick still have the same seven riders as at the start of the season IMO has  nothing to do with the way they are riding but down to finances. If we ride like that next week God help us. Congratulations to the Bears on their win and good luck today as someone posts UTB

You have to admit despite result they got lucky! That heat when Flint fell was a dialled in 5-1 and a 40-32 lead

3 minutes ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

You have to admit despite result they got lucky! That heat when Flint fell was a dialled in 5-1 and a 40-32 lead

Yes but only a 2 point swing felt for Leon

39 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Thought there was a bit of a mumble in Mr Barrie’s voice when he congratulated the Beats Fans on their fine win.:P