British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

Berwick Bandits v Redcar Bears (Saturday 3rd - 7pm)

12 minutes ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

You have to admit despite result they got lucky! That heat when Flint fell was a dialled in 5-1 and a 40-32 lead

That was the turning point IMHO . 

26 minutes ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

It gave them a lift mate   Confidence is great leveller in all sport

Agree but thought the Bears were far more positive in their riding last night

Guest Loose Diamond
12 hours ago, parkendlass said:

I posted earlier that of The Bandits long unbeaten run was going to end, the Bears were just the team to do it.

So it has proved to be, another great team performance from the Bears, especially as they are a 6 man team in all honesty.

The play-offs must be a real possibility for the Bears. Well done, all of you.

Its a good time to be a Bears fan.

Just got to say the racing at Berwick has been like this for years. Difficult to pass. Miss the gate and that's it as proved by Jordan Stewart in his first two rides when he was at the back and looked like a total novice. I thought he had machinery problems even as far as being replaced in his third ride. Then in heat 14 made the gate and was a different rider altogether!!?? Also Erik Riss who was flying until heat 11. Missed the gate and at the back nowhere near the other 3. Kasper Anderson was the same looked totally garbage until heat 11 with Riss. He made the gate and looked a different rider altogether. To me this happens now at many tracks. Miss the start and because of speed of bikes most cannot pass. I was there as a neutral supporter but well done in the end to Redcar for the victory and for Shutting up Dick Barrie. Yet he still went on about going to Redcar and winning! Hahaha! No chance.

Guest Loose Diamond
55 minutes ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

You have to admit despite result they got lucky! That heat when Flint fell was a dialled in 5-1 and a 40-32 lead

Ok. But was MPT not about to pass him??

15 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Just got to say the racing at Berwick has been like this for years. Difficult to pass. Miss the gate and that's it as proved by Jordan Stewart in his first two rides when he was at the back and looked like a total novice. I thought he had machinery problems even as far as being replaced in his third ride. Then in heat 14 made the gate and was a different rider altogether!!?? Also Erik Riss who was flying until heat 11. Missed the gate and at the back nowhere near the other 3. Kasper Anderson was the same looked totally garbage until heat 11 with Riss. He made the gate and looked a different rider altogether. To me this happens now at many tracks. Miss the start and because of speed of bikes most cannot pass. I was there as a neutral supporter but well done in the end to Redcar for the victory and for Shutting up Dick Barrie. Yet he still went on about going to Redcar and winning! Hahaha! No chance.

It’s been dire for the last two years at least 

Edited by Tellitasitis

4 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Ok. But was MPT not about to pass him??

While Leon was very unlucky to loose his chain and fall ,he was lucky that MPT had switch line to try and pass him inside coming out off the bend and therefore narrowly missed running into him.Could have been nasty.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

To be fair mate Berwick dont have a Belle Vue   Redcar were ok but got lucky in Heat 12  A 40-32 lead would have finished them   The track is what it is and until someone comes up with solution will no doubt not change. Problem is with lots folk the glass is half empty but that is a trait for Brits

11 minutes ago, Tellitasitis said:

It’s been dire for the last two years at least 

It wont change mate  It is what it is   Its not BV or Scunny    Can I ask and this not meant as criticism  Do you still go? Lots folks have plenty to offer 

1 hour ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

Away Team with 9 heat winners,they didn’t get that lucky.They won the gating contest though.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Just now, Fromafar said:

Away Team with 9 heat winners,they didn’t get that lucky.They won the gating contest though.:rolleyes:

We will agree to disagree mate  Thats good thing about GB  You dont get locked away or disappear off planet for comments like couple of my friends abroad who I aint heard of for 2 years   I will say again as my glass is often half full unlike majority of Berwick fans who post, Redcar were beaten if the score had been 40-32 after Heat 12.  It wasnt and they won. But like all club forums you can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time. You should try watching the local soccer team  They aint won since March

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

We will agree to disagree mate  Thats good thing about GB  You dont get locked away or disappear off planet for comments like couple of my friends abroad who I aint heard of for 2 years   I will say again as my glass is often half full unlike majority of Berwick fans who post, Redcar were beaten if the score had been 40-32 after Heat 12.  It wasnt and they won. But like all club forums you can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time. You should try watching the local soccer team  They aint won since March

Like you say it’s a Forum, we can agree to disagree.:t:

18 minutes ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

It wont change mate  It is what it is   Its not BV or Scunny    Can I ask and this not meant as criticism  Do you still go? Lots folks have plenty to offer 

Yes in the hope it may improve one day 

2 hours ago, screm said:

As its a Sunday I`m guessing 10am.

Been sat here for three quarters of an hour....

It opens at 11.... :o

Going to use Tesco's website next time...

:D

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 3

Guest Loose Diamond
34 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

While Leon was very unlucky to loose his chain and fall ,he was lucky that MPT had switch line to try and pass him inside coming out off the bend and therefore narrowly missed running into him.Could have been nasty.

Yes. Very much so. The altered design from upright to lay down seems to have not helped chains coming off or snapping. Could be also not helped by riders seemingly constant search for more power and speed? Hans Neilsen to blame!??? Hahaha.