British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
89buttons

Ipswich vs Belle Vue 1/8/19

9 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Still much stronger than Bewley at Foxhall this year, trust me. 

It appears he has only ridden once when weather intervened so couldn't take his last ride , he scored 5 but it seemed to be very much gate and go that night. 

• Confused 1

Bewley scored 0 from 3 and was replaced in his final planned ride on BVs last visit.

I dont think he has ever managed 5 at Foxhall...... Infact that may be close to his total from all his visits :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thecatalyst said:

Blimey, is that the same Nick Morris that was a Swindon number 1 in what was probably a harder league. 

It was hardly stronger 2 seasons ago.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile phone number.

Thanks

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Bewley scored 0 from 3 and was replaced in his final planned ride on BVs last visit.

I dont think he has ever managed 5 at Foxhall...... Infact that may be close to his total from all his visits :)

He did win the u19 British final at Foxhall though .... 

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

May be stronger than Bewley just but it isn't going to make a lot of difference to the final outcome.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

May be stronger than Bewley just but it isn't going to make a lot of difference to the final outcome.

Youre right - It shouldnt. Lets hope it works out that way

2 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

He did win the u19 British final at Foxhall though .... 

To be fair Bewley was fit in the U19 event and there wasn't really much in the way of quality opposition to beat. 

5 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Still much stronger than Bewley at Foxhall this year, trust me. 

This year, Bewley only ridden there once and that was his 2nd meeting back after breaking leg in 9 places. 

I think Bewley’s troubles at Foxhall have largely been fitness related rather than a dislike tbh - yes the opposition wasn’t to much in the u19 meeting but he looked absolutely superb all night that meeting - fit, full of confidence and fast - would’ve fancied him to score heavily riding that way in any meeting at Foxhall - that said he’s not fit at the moment either so probably would’ve struggled again! Morris very up at down at ippo and in poor form I might have gone with r/r personally

We are still looking for a texter for this meeting,  is anyone able to help please?

Thanks 

I hear its chucking it down at Kesgrave not far from Foxhall and just checked rain radar, doesn't sound good. 

Anyone around locally to keep everyone updated? 

13 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

I hear its chucking it down at Kesgrave not far from Foxhall and just checked rain radar, doesn't sound good. 

Anyone around locally to keep everyone updated? 

Looks like the showers are pepping up and moving in a band from the north west.  Not expected to be around by teatime.  If anything could assist with track preparation?

Edited by chun
  • Like 1

Just got caught in the downpour in kesgrave, if it hit the track as hard as I got wet that could be it! Hopefully no more will come through and all will be fine though fingers crossed

Looks like the incoming showers are now petering out thankfully.  Having the pole at reserve for Ipswich could be a big plus as we move into the final stretch of the regular season.

• Like 1