British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
89buttons

Ipswich vs Belle Vue 1/8/19

Dan Bewley writes :

Hey everyone, 
Gutted to have to take a little time out ! 
Last Thursday in my first heat I aggravated my back, it didn’t feel too bad at first but every heat it got worse, I seen a sports therapist on Friday in Poland and felt good before my match on Sunday, in the practice before the meeting it felt ok but in every race the pain got worse, after the meeting I had an X-ray and it showed there was nothing serious.

Before the British final on Monday I was in ice baths and Jacuzzis and felt good again,
I wore a kidney belt and took some pain killers before my first heat but sadly it wasn’t enough and the pain came back and I knew I had to stop.

Since then I’ve been checked out by an osteopath and told I most likely have a facet joint strain (like a sprained ankle but in your back). The actual injury isn’t bad but because of all the Nerves in the area it feels allot worse than it is.
Hopefully in 1 or 2 weeks I’ll be pain free and back racing

Thanks for all the support, and to @row1932rybnik @theaces1928 @mark.lemon for their help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Get well soon dan. Can’t understand people having a pop.  Those injuries last year would have finished other riders careers. 

Hear hear - whilst I have been a little critical of his general Foxhall performances there is no doubt in his talent and I agree he has done well to return to racing at all this year

On 7/31/2019 at 11:56 AM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It puts a bit of pressure on Nuts which I think will be a good thing. He has produced a number of times when really needed. I feel he is someone that will respond positively to the challenge

How's that going? 

Hope Dan gets better soon. As for tonight, Got to be happy with a point.

1 hour ago, Thecatalyst said:

How's that going? 

Sacrificed tonight being switched into another gate 4 (8 pts all night) and into heat 13

In 13 although he ended with a 0 he did his job with a decent enough start to force Fricke to clamp which allowed Dickie to sweep into the lead for a vital win

• Like 1

Very happy with a point.

• Like 1

Surprising result with the Aces helping to cement a top 3 place.

Good to see Morris getting double figures.

16 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Sacrificed tonight being switched into another gate 4 (8 pts all night) and into heat 13

In 13 although he ended with a 0 he did his job with a decent enough start to force Fricke to clamp which allowed Dickie to sweep into the lead for a vital win

He isn't great early on, as proved by nearly every one of his meetings so far.  And even at reserve pants early on. 

15 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Pieszczek has a superb attitude as well, seems to constantly want to be learning, works hard.

still think we’d be better off with Danny at 2, need a better gater in heat 1!

pleased with 6 riders efforts tonight, the other one frankly was atrocious, truly truly shocking. 

3 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Morris as a guest was the reason the Aces got a point

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Morris made all the difference for the aces tonight, rode well. Kennett and a Heeps did well for Witches, Eddie's EF when leading heat 8 helped the aces get a point 

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 1

Just now, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Agree

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Typical of Nick to help another team condemn his own.