British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
89buttons

Ipswich vs Belle Vue 1/8/19

Morris hates the Wolves track and the Fans .

That was much closer than it shouldve been

The points from Morris certainly skewed the score

Harris with just 1 could also be pointed to but it could also be argued thats how we have been all season with 1 rider having a shocker in most meetings but being covered by the others

Its worked well so far - its now a case of come the play offs looking to ensure all the creases are ironed out and we have everyone come to the party

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

That was much closer than it shouldve been

The points from Morris certainly skewed the score

Harris with just 1 could also be pointed to but it could also be argued thats how we have been all season with 1 rider having a shocker in most meetings but being covered by the others

Its worked well so far - its now a case of come the play offs looking to ensure all the creases are ironed out and we have everyone come to the party

Ipswich struggled to see off Wolves last week and Belle Vue last night with Fricke misfiring. Next week at Poole should be a stonker and could decide who finished top.

Last night we would have had a much bigger victory if Belle Vue had not had Morris as a guest, undoubtedly scored a lot more than Bewley would have. 

Quite clearly Bomber had a shocker but that's not entirely unexpected as he obviously doesn't like our track, tends to be better away. 

KP disappointing but conditions not to his liking I guess. 

Everyone else pretty much did their job well enough. 

Nice to get the 3 points and still be well up there in the league though. Just a shame we let them get a consolation point. 

14 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Surprising result with the Aces helping to cement a top 3 place.

Good to see Morris getting double figures.

8 points ahead of Swindon but 4 meetings in hand for the Robins going to be interesting 

3 hours ago, Thecatalyst said:

I did think Ipswich could beat anyone over 2 legs, now I'm not as confident. 

Well the solution is obvious,  ride both legs away.....possibly at Peterborough?:wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

8 points ahead of Swindon but 4 meetings in hand for the Robins going to be interesting 

Robins will join the top 4 anyway, just a case of in what position.

1 minute ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Interesting to hear that Kennett thought the track was the best it's been this year...

Actually was perfect for him and bomber and awful for Morris, I predicted whilst watching Chris and co work on the track, 1 out of 3 is terrible isn't it :oops:

Seriously probably the best track for him to get stuck in, he by his own admission said last week he's struggling with the "new" surface.

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Next week at Poole should be a stonker and could decide who finished top.

It should indeed. Harris should be good for double figures and that will make a big difference to us. Could be very close either way. 

I fear that Harris could be in terminal decline.  The bad meetings are started to heavily outweigh the good ones.  Come the end of the season he will need to reel off several good meetings in a row otherwise Ipswich will struggle.

29 minutes ago, chun said:

I fear that Harris could be in terminal decline.  The bad meetings are started to heavily outweigh the good ones.  Come the end of the season he will need to reel off several good meetings in a row otherwise Ipswich will struggle.

Harris has been declining over the last few seasons, even though he still isn't exactly old, it's also pretty rare to see him a bombing these days as well. 

I called it before the season started, Bomber and Barry would be pretty useless at Foxhall, guess what, ones gone and the other is pretty useless.

Humble pie my backside. 

17 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I called it before the season started, Bomber and Barry would be pretty useless at Foxhall, guess what, ones gone and the other is pretty useless.

Humble pie my backside. 

Urgh bet that tastes awful :shock: