British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
89buttons

Ipswich vs Belle Vue 1/8/19

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

I called it before the season started, Bomber and Barry would be pretty useless at Foxhall, guess what, ones gone and the other is pretty useless.

Humble pie my backside. 

In hindsight we should have gone for Nicholls when he was dropped by wolves but at the time bomber was in the middle of a purple patch.  He seemed to have the track sussed early on with some impressive passes riding lines no one else was but now he seems to struggle to overtake opposition reserves.

Edited by chun
  • Like 1

No doubt Ritchie and CL will look to make sure Bomber cleans up his act and ensure he has the help he needs in order that he can produce the performances we know he is still capable of....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

No doubt Ritchie and CL will look to make sure Bomber cleans up his act and ensure he has the help he needs in order that he can produce the performances we know he is still capable of....

Indeed I agree, I know people probably feel he should be replaced but we just know he's going to be the Ace in the pack in the play offs at Wimbore Road :wink::lol: and ...... isn't there a Bomber shaped hole down there waiting to be filled, nah stick with him Witches fans, frustrating though he can be (I was going to say at times, but at home most of the time:rolleyes:). Wonder what happened to his mechanic last night:unsure:

Also, does anybody else think he is overdoing the riding at the moment?? He seems to ride/guest most days, if not he's long tracking/grass tracking...just a thought.

• Like 1

Let’s be honest here. Ipswich have done very well this year and have surprised everyone, myself included. The form of Cameron Heeps, who has ripped up the form book and considerably increased his average is one of the main reasons Ipswich have done so well. They have strength in depth and easily the best two reserves in the league. KP at reserve is quite frankly ridiculous.

However. The chinks are now showing. They have been ripped a new one at home by Poole, then scrapped home against Wolves and Belle Vue. Where they were clear at the top, they are now barely hanging onto Pirates shirt tails. Poole now have a meeting in hand and next weeks top of the table clash is going to be paramount in deciding who finishes top and gets the puck in the semis.

With Poole starting to come back to full strength after a period where half the team were out of action, I struggle to see them beaten over two legs by Ipswich. Is it time for changes at Ipswich to bolster their championship ambitions?

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Let’s be honest here. Ipswich have done very well this year and have surprised everyone, myself included. The form of Cameron Heeps, who has ripped up the form book and considerably increased his average is one of the main reasons Ipswich have done so well. They have strength in depth and easily the best two reserves in the league. KP at reserve is quite frankly ridiculous.

However. The chinks are now showing. They have been ripped a new one at home by Poole, then scrapped home against Wolves and Belle Vue. Where they were clear at the top, they are now barely hanging onto Pirates shirt tails. Poole now have a meeting in hand and next weeks top of the table clash is going to be paramount in deciding who finishes top and gets the puck in the semis.

With Poole starting to come back to full strength after a period where half the team were out of action, I struggle to see them beaten over two legs by Ipswich. Is it time for changes at Ipswich to bolster their championship ambitions?

Yup you are right about Heeps Steve. He was/ has been remarkably poor, but he's always had the abillity. As for Ippo as a team, i dont think our management nor riders will be taking them lightly somehow.

Edited by Starman2006

33 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Is it time for changes at Ipswich to bolster their championship ambitions?

Even if they wanted to, what changes could they possibly make tho? Has be available riders to make the difference and I just see where they’d come from! The only way to realistically change bomber for an upgrade would be to say drop him and KP for example as he’s the lowest average their combined is 12.19 then you’d need to lose 0.63 to redeclare at 42.5 meaning an 8 point continental rider and 3.56 left over so perhaps ash Morris - but just can’t see who that continental rider would be? Zagar, a pawlicki, Lindgren? they just don’t want to come here currently! Would be pretty damn harsh on KP or anyone else in the team who are all doing their job for the most part, just bomber letting us down consistently, particularly at home. And on 6.83 who would be available to just replace bomber who’s actually an improvement!!??

Bellego? :rofl:

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I wouldn't know,,, I never have to eat any:drink:

For once i agree with you on Bombers last 2 home performances and i agree at home he has generally not been good. But as of yet he has not cost us any home points. When we lost at home at Poole everyone had an off night. Will point to the fact though that away from home he is our highest average rider and has for sure won us away points. So all in all a plus but yes you are right he does need to sort his ipswich form out. Last meeting he did seem to be lacking in effort. Maybe a confidence thing, i dont know, but Bomber if you do read these forums most Ipswich fans know you are a far better rider than you are showing at Ipswich so time now to get your gating gloves on. Get off that lawnmower of an engine you seem to be using and show all us Ipswich fans what you can do. After all the majority know what you can do when you mindset is right.  Maybe too many meetngs too as i seem to remember reading somewhere that Chris has to do alot of the work himself as well as drive himself to meetings?

51 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Even if they wanted to, what changes could they possibly make tho? Has be available riders to make the difference and I just see where they’d come from! The only way to realistically change bomber for an upgrade would be to say drop him and KP for example as he’s the lowest average their combined is 12.19 then you’d need to lose 0.63 to redeclare at 42.5 meaning an 8 point continental rider and 3.56 left over so perhaps ash Morris - but just can’t see who that continental rider would be? Zagar, a pawlicki, Lindgren? they just don’t want to come here currently! Would be pretty damn harsh on KP or anyone else in the team who are all doing their job for the most part, just bomber letting us down consistently, particularly at home. And on 6.83 who would be available to just replace bomber who’s actually an improvement!!??

Bellego? :rofl:

Not sure its just Bomber Lawson has been poor at times so has KP

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes Lawson has had the odd bad meetings as has Danny, KP a bit up and down but you’ve surely got to take into account their experience and position in the team - bombers the no.1, most experienced and thus supposedly our best rider.....the below stats from this years home meetings are pretty damning, bomber and KP stats almost exactly the same, KP has ridden most of the season at 5 which is basically as tough as no.1 really in only his second season in the uk.

89AE5C75-0ADA-4831-A81E-536635CD638C.png

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Let's be honest here, they've ALL had nights when they've been poor, we Ipswich fans are keeping everything crossed that they ALL click and have GOOD nights when it's needed 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Bloody Steve feeling confident for once lol

57 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Been waiting 20 years for them to all click on same night

Lol cheer up Baldyman. We are equal top of the league!!!!

1 hour ago, r8gdp said:

Bloody Steve feeling confident for once lol

Nah, he's just trying to bait someone into replying, just in case they are just reading..;)