British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions v Edinburgh 4.8.19 League

2 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

I thought the bspa when sanctioning a new rider for a teams 1 to 7 , the rider had to have clear dates for his new sides fixtures .This is clearly not the case as Sam Masters 2nd fixture he isn’t available and they bring in the hottest rider in the league at the minute in Rasmus Jenson to replace him and folk on this site slate Rob Godfrey for his involvement with  and bias towards the Scorpions I think not

Think back to our meeting with Redcar away when E Riss was missing due to riding in Germany after signing for the Bears.

If Rob Godfrey had any say in these matters then, yes, he would have blocked it but people need to get their heads out of the sand & realise that the BSPA should have a spokesperson/PR moderator that is not a member of the board but a secretarial type of person. Not everything is Chapman's view or Godfrey's view or Bates's view but when their name is in print, they take it as gospel.

Hope Rob has laid some extra dirt on the track from somewhere, as if more people turn up, expecting to see similar lines used by Ayres in heat19 of the British Final on Monday in which some of our other riders would benefit from, will be going home disappointed.

If the rain comes as they say you will not need more dirt the rain will make dirt?

Just checked 3 weather sites & all 3 say rain around 5-6 o'clock but if a track is prepared right, like at Belle Vue Monday, racing not riding is possible. Let's see what tomorrow brings as things could change.

Only 30% chance of rain ,that's pretty good odds on it being fine. Get some water down Rob and get an outside line to work to give us a fair chance of a win.

Met Office (whos been pretty bang on recently) reckon a thundery shower at 2pm, then rest of the day will be ok until 10pm, so unless we have some shenanigans (like Eastbourne tonight) we should be ok

Hopefully can get a point tomorrow. Picked up some of that rocket fuel Glasgow used last week so we should be fine.

14 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

Met Office (whos been pretty bang on recently) reckon a thundery shower at 2pm, then rest of the day will be ok until 10pm, so unless we have some shenanigans (like Eastbourne tonight) we should be ok

That is my Met Office rainfall radar & I agree with the shower at 2 but another around 6 if you scroll across

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/map/gcx8c5kxh#?map=Rainfall&fcTime=1564876800&zoom=8&lon=-0.65&lat=53.59

But it was similar last week & missed us!

14 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Hopefully can get a point tomorrow. Picked up some of that rocket fuel Glasgow used last week so we should be fine.

The fuel used is passed to the riders at the track so is the same for everyone :t:

It is the containers they put it in & pit work they do :nono:but I am sure Rasmus will put you right. :rolleyes: ;)

I expected more of a beating Friday so it was a good job 2 of our heat leaders did not perform, but on the other hand, others did.

On 8/1/2019 at 2:46 PM, Fozzie4388 said:

Rasmus Jensen rides for Sam Masters

i think a rule should be changed that a side should nt be stronger when using a rider replacement... i think if the replaced rider has a average of 8 his replacement can only have an average of 7

42 minutes ago, Batman65 said:

i think a rule should be changed that a side should nt be stronger when using a rider replacement... i think if the replaced rider has a average of 8 his replacement can only have an average of 7

Just as well you don’t make the rules then. Terrible idea.

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

The fuel used is passed to the riders at the track so is the same for everyone :t:

It is the containers they put it in & pit work they do :nono:but I am sure Rasmus will put you right. :rolleyes: ;)

I expected more of a beating Friday so it was a good job 2 of our heat leaders did not perform, but on the other hand, others did.

I know how the fuel works thanks. Bit of a woosh and still a bit touchy from last week.

51 minutes ago, Batman65 said:

Masters ave 8.79 Jensen 7.65 so all ok by your measure. 

• Like 2

No, but this last few years I have posted to wind up Peterboro, '17 & Workington last year but it is just banter & opinions on the forum & I met some lovely people last year. Now it is Glasgows turn.:rolleyes:

57 minutes ago, Batman65 said:

It is a guest ruling & not R/R. Plus it is on current form & have I read somewhere that Masters has only dropped 1 point to the opposition.