British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crazysue

Isle of Wight v Oxford Select 1st August

I must agree with all the good words about the IoW set up, they really do make a huge effort to make the entire night a fun family attraction, there's something on offer for everyone.

Long may it continue.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2019 at 7:57 PM, mikebv said:

I've run several retail businesses for over 30 years..

And the customer is always right..

Even when he or she is a complete and utter first class f***wit of the highest order!!!    :D

If they pay you money, then look after them and they will probably come back...

Do you still run any of these retail businesses? If so, I can highly recommend, and prove the success of, being part of the Warriors Sponsorship program in 2019 or most likely now 2020, particularly if your products are nationwide.

I look forward with interest to hear from you and how we can be of value to your business and lets see if we can find a way forward.

Many thanks

Barry

4 hours ago, barrybishop said:

Do you still run any of these retail businesses? If so, I can highly recommend, and prove the success of, being part of the Warriors Sponsorship program in 2019 or most likely now 2020, particularly if your products are nationwide.

I look forward with interest to hear from you and how we can be of value to your business and lets see if we can find a way forward.

Many thanks

Barry

Part of a wider huge national retail business I am afraid Barry, just one small cog...

I have tried to get my company involved locally but unfortunately the lack of media exposure and demographic/volume of fans doesn't make any sponsorship investment appear to have a viable return according to the bean counters...

I am sure you already connect locally with retailers on the island directly..?

Most national supermarket companies will allow their Managers certain autonomy when it comes to 'supporting the local community' initiatives especially when not in direct competition. (My company once had the Aces doing a roadshow (riders and bikes and video) one Saturday at another local store which was driven by the Store rather than Head Office).

So it could well be worth getting into their individual ribs, particularly when so many self catering holiday makers will be using their shops to buy their weekly items..

Nothing like something tangible to look at, touch and feel to make people aware, rather than just giving out leaflets..

As I say, you probably do this already given the pro active way you and the team down there go about things..

Certainly admire your drive and determination and also the way you are prepared to seek every opportunity to grow your business and spread your message,..

Like Eastbourne the media side of thing's at the IOW have come along way, i enjoy all the regular podcasts and interviews on the internet great stuff.

17 hours ago, mikebv said:

Part of a wider huge national retail business I am afraid Barry, just one small cog...

I have tried to get my company involved locally but unfortunately the lack of media exposure and demographic/volume of fans doesn't make any sponsorship investment appear to have a viable return according to the bean counters...

I am sure you already connect locally with retailers on the island directly..?

Most national supermarket companies will allow their Managers certain autonomy when it comes to 'supporting the local community' initiatives especially when not in direct competition. (My company once had the Aces doing a roadshow (riders and bikes and video) one Saturday at another local store which was driven by the Store rather than Head Office).

So it could well be worth getting into their individual ribs, particularly when so many self catering holiday makers will be using their shops to buy their weekly items..

Nothing like something tangible to look at, touch and feel to make people aware, rather than just giving out leaflets..

As I say, you probably do this already given the pro active way you and the team down there go about things..

Certainly admire your drive and determination and also the way you are prepared to seek every opportunity to grow your business and spread your message,..

Thanks for coming back to me.. yep we already engage with pretty much anyone and everyone we can on the Island although there are many areas for improvement and continued growth here. I would like to see the big 4 getting more invovled (although they do support us by banner placement and produce for our charity events) and as our profile on and off the track continues to improve and grow, along with the whole family ethos I am sure they are not far away.

Thanks for the advice and "every little helps".

Barry

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Like Eastbourne the media side of thing's at the IOW have come along way, i enjoy all the regular podcasts and interviews on the internet great stuff.

Thanks for the feedback on this. Andy Hague from Speedway Portal is a great guy and he and I bounce ideas off eachother all the time... I say to him, we have no limit.. .the more out there the more I want to do it (within our budget of course) .... so we are really trying and I am pleased that you enjoy the media stuff. Thank you

• Like 1