British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DC2

One League

23 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

The only way we can have one league in today’s Speedway is to dilute the teams sufficiently to make Speedway viable for all teams.

It may mean saying goodbye to any SGP riders and allowing Britain to race on the night that suits each team.

fine by me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

The only way we can have one league in today’s Speedway is to dilute the teams sufficiently to make Speedway viable for all teams.

It may mean saying goodbye to any SGP riders and allowing Britain to race on the night that suits each team.

The only way forward if the essential revival is to have a chance of success.

18 minutes ago, HGould said:

Is answer to announce a one league structure at next AGM but to leave 3 tier in 2020 and allow proper planning and preparation for 2021.

Further delay to a re-structuring may leave very little that is viable, that can play a part in the plans for 2021. In November of last year in the Crisis edition of SS it said vital changes were needed for 2019!

31 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

And still wouldn’t have enough riders unless the standard is a hybrid of CL and NL.

And then if the one big league happens what will the designated meetings nights be ?. We are Mon/Thurs now. That suits most riders so that they can ride for their 2nd team. But surely when there is a meeting on the tv there should be nobody else in action. Sort of feels impossible to do that though.

The thought of someone like Jason Doyle racing against a NL rider is really going to drive the fans away.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

And still wouldn’t have enough riders unless the standard is a hybrid of CL and NL.

That would surely have to be the standard Steve..

I would go as far as five man teams..

No 1 - A current Prem/Champ Heat Leader

No 2 - A current Prem Second String/Champ Heat Leader

No3 - A current Prem Reserve/Champ Second String

No4 - A current Champ Reserve/ NL Heat Leader

No5 - A current NL Heat Leader/Second String..

Circa £3.5k the lot per night max..

£300, £500, £700, £900, £1100 per night per rider..

16 teams, regional split, race home and away twice in your region and once in the other region, and you get 21 home matches ex play offs..

Just 80 riders needed would free up plenty for replacements for poor performance/injury cover..

Maybe the other clubs not in the 16 then run as NL standard alongside some 'second teams' like BV Colts, and run with six or seven man teams to increase opportunities for development..?

Edited by mikebv

13 minutes ago, mikebv said:

That would surely have to be the standard Steve..

I would go as far as five man teams..

No 1 - A current Prem/Champ Heat Leader

No 2 - A current Prem Second String/Champ Heat Leader

No3 - A current Prem Reserve/Champ Second String

No4 - A current Champ Reserve/ NL Heat Leader

No5 - A current NL Heat Leader/Second String..

Circa £3.5k the lot per night max..

£300, £500, £700, £900, £1100 per night per rider..

16 teams, regional split, race home and away twice in your region and once in the other region, and you get 21 home matches ex play offs..

Just 80 riders needed would free up plenty for replacements for poor performance/injury cover..

Maybe the other clubs not in the 16 then run as NL standard with some 'second teams' like BV Colts..

Be something like the Danish league? Makes sense but that would entice me even less.

• Like 1

2016 10+ kroner to the pound 28 Danes in EL/PL

2019 8+ kroner to pound 16 Danes in PL/CL

(and that includes riders like Hans Andersen and Ostergaard nearing the end of their careers and Agertoft/Tobias Thomsen. But notably none of the rising stars like Jakobsen (Freddie), Jeppesen, Sorensen, Birkemose or various Hansen's)

I wouldn't bank on Scandis filling up the vacant spaces.

38 minutes ago, arnieg said:

2016 10+ kroner to the pound 28 Danes in EL/PL

2019 8+ kroner to pound 16 Danes in PL/CL

Is that because more Brits/UK Aussies can now double up due to the PL and the CL having different races nights?

Swindon in one league might have something like:

Rasmus Jensen

Ellis Perks

Stefan Nielsen

Josh Pickering

Tobiasz Musielak

Mikkel B Andersen

Anders Rowe

Quite an entertaining side.

All have CL averages apart from Musielak. The 1.5 ratio is obviously rubbish. 1.25 is about right, making Musielak 7.95 and the team 42.15 (CL).

Edited by DC2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gunner85 said:

Not just GP riders would be missing though, anyone who rides Sweden, Poland, Denmark etc would be ruled out if meetings could be any night. The standard would be very poor and I doubt I would bother to be honest. No Thorssell, Masters, Becker or Morris from Wolves alone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Rasmus Jensen

Ellis Perks

Stefan Nielsen

Josh Pickering

Tobiasz Musielak

Mikkel B Andersen

Anders Rowe

All have CL averages apart from Musielak. The 1.5 ratio is obviously rubbish. 1.25 is about right, making Musielak 7.95 and the team 42.15 (CL).

The plan for next year is set for the multiplier to rise to 1.6 rather than be reduced......

3 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Be something like the Danish league? Makes sense but that would entice me even less.

How often do you go now to wolves? 

1 hour ago, pitstop84 said:

How often do you go now to wolves? 

The relevance of that is?

We are talking about the product on offer now and potentially next season. I’ve already stated that the product on offer doesn’t entice me very much.

5 hours ago, DC2 said:

Rasmus Jensen

Ellis Perks

Stefan Nielsen

Josh Pickering

Tobiasz Musielak

Mikkel B Andersen

Anders Rowe

I’m sure the current budget at Swindon for Doyle and Batchelor is probably 50% of the total.

If you just retained Batchelor when added to 6 of the above then that would establish a true number one just as you had in the days of Briggo!

Edited by GWC